Cross Border Shopping

ckrb2007

Hi guys. I will be picking up my oldest son and his girlfriend from their trip to Costa Rica at the Niagara Falls, NY airport next Tuesday and was thinking about spending a few days cross border with the wife and other son. We'll be doing some shopping while we're down there. Does anyone know of any good outdoors stores within and hour or so of Niagara Falls,NY?

Thanks,

Colin

Are you sure you will be at the NF Airport and not the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport...

If it's the NF Airport then my fist stop would be Rainbow Sports in North Tonawanda, NY...but call first for their limited hours do to a recent death.....this store is very deceiving as it goes almost all the way to the next block behind it.....and it has all the OLD stuff you can't find anywhere else. It's like going back in time.

267 Oliver Street, North Tonawanda, NY

(716) 692-7510 ‎

Gander Mountain would now be the next store on the way towards Buffalo....lots of stuff....but no customer support....you have to check out at the customer service desk...

880 Young Street

Tonawanda, NY 14150

716-743-2300

And finally at the Galleria Mall right off the I-90 is Dicks Sporting Goods....if you google it DON'T just type in Dicks.... :rolleyes:

BTW the BPS store in Auburn, NY is over 100 miles to the east of NF NY....take the NYS Thruway (Rt I-90 east) and get off exit 41...south on Rt 414 to east on Rt 318 to east on Rt 20/5 to BPS....

Thanks for the ideas thus far guys. Another option that the wife and I are thinking about was going even farther....say Pennsylvania or Ohio. We don't have to pick my son up until next Tuesday night and we're thinking about heading down Sunday morning. Are the shopping options better in those areas?

My suggestion would be a trip to Harrisburg, PA for BPS and then on the way back a stop at Hamburg, PA for one of the largest Cabela's stores on the planet....265,000 sq feet of sportsmen's delight.....the BPS in Harrisburg is in a mall where the Cabela's store is a stand alone store in the country.....it has 2 restaurants in the store....get a smoked turkey sub....taste just like roast beef but better for your heart...makes a great road sandwich for the ride back to N.F. NY

If you need more help, PM me...always glad to help a Canadian cousin... :)