Traxtech / Berts Tracks

Jer_H

Hey all,

I'm researching the different track systems as I want to have some options for rod holders, and hopefully downriggers one day.

Is this install a DIY, or should it be left to the pros?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Yes, they will be going on the gunnels. I have access through storage compartments but I'm not sure if I would need to use backing plates etc

I have Traxstech tracks, rod holders, downrigger mounts, beverage holders, and an "accessory" piece that slides in the track to mount my grill on over the water.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Traxstech. I have called with questions, spoke to a person on the phone from the get go (no answering machine) and had things delivered in two days (I have ordered most of my stuff directly from them via phone). The stuff has worked flawlessly for me. I love the flexibility the track system provides for fishing or even a day on the water with the wife and kids. They even custom made my brother-in-law a downrigger and rod storage system for his pontoon boat that he uses out in Lake Tahoe.

I am not a handy person by any means, but I installed my tracks on my gunnels (aluminum boat - Crestliner) within a couple of hours. You just need to be careful when you drill that you don't hit the trottle cable or electric wires that run under the gunnels. I know that Traxstech sells backing plates and if you have a question on whether you would need them - just call and talk to them. My gunnels are aluminum and I don't have a backing plate and I have not had any issues.

I am sure that Bert's/Cannon and others make good stuff as well, I just have no experience with them.

Good luck

Edited by green&orange

Did it all by myself with Berts...have one Cannon MAG1O HS, on Berts swivelt/rathet base, 2 rathet Berts rod holders and one cannon ball holder per side....

Love the product zero problems with Berts ....one of my rod holder plastic cap fall in the lake last year caller Berts and they've sent me 2 new caps for free...

Make sure you put some aluminum supporting plates under the gunnels.

Chers,

Ice Fisherman

Ordered direct... it's the only sensible way if you want the entire system... and you'll see my stove in their gallery. Berts and Pursuit/Traxstech are interchangable. So if you see holders you like better from one or the other you can mix and match.

lundpursuit9.jpg

lundstove5.jpg

This is what I did for backing plates.. worked well now for 5 summers heading for #6

lundpursuit6.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Nice set up Wayne!!!

We used Berts for ours and have set a few other guys up with them too with no issues.

You can definitley install yourself, but it may be a good idea to get some advice with set ups.

Ordered direct... it's the only sensible way if you want the entire system... and you'll see my stove in their gallery. Berts and Pursuit/Traxstech are interchangable. So if you see holders you like better from one or the other you can mix and match.

lundpursuit9.jpg

lundstove5.jpg

This is what I did for backing plates.. worked well now for 5 summers heading for #6

lundpursuit6.jpg

That is what I used as a "backing plate" as well. I would guess that large washers would work too.