Fireline or ?

fisherman7

first why are you switching?

second what technique are you using the line for?

As much as I like Fireline I hate the sound of it as it comes through the guides. I use it for all sorts of fishing (spinning reel) such as casting, trolling and live bait. Probably primarily trolling though and I'm generally fishing for walleye or pike.

As much as I like Fireline I hate the sound of it as it comes through the guides. I use it for all sorts of fishing (spinning reel) such as casting, trolling and live bait. Probably primarily trolling though and I'm generally fishing for walleye or pike.

ok... i only like fireline for jigging walleye...

everything else is power pro or tuffline...

i troll walleye with 10lb power pro and get big musky all the time... didnt break off once last year...

i love power pro but at the really high strengths...it takes a while to break it in... thats when i go to tuffline...

Try out the TufLine!

Phil's got the best prices around at etackle.ca

I got some from Phil a while back and so far I like it a lot.

I have two of my spinning reels spooled with 10lb Duracast and it's pretty sweet stuff.

Have zero experience with the heavier stuff, but the 10lb is really nice.

Try any of the Spectra braids, but the sound made when passing through the guides won't be better - probably worse. Maybe look into the "lower stretch" co-polymers, fluorocarbon or Berkley Nanofil if you're trying to avoid the noise - although, I am not sure if the Nanofil makes any noise or not.

Try any of the Spectra braids, but the sound made when passing through the guides won't be better - probably worse. Maybe look into the "lower stretch" co-polymers, fluorocarbon or Berkley Nanofil if you're trying to avoid the noise - although, I am not sure if the Nanofil makes any noise or not.

A little bit when under tension, hardly noticeable though

Thanks everyone for thier replies. I'm going to try Tuffline. It's actually for my wife's new rod and reel so if it doesn't work........thank god she doesn't go on this website! :whistling:

when 5 out of 12 say to try it I don't see a reason why not too. My go to line is the SpiderWire Stealth in moss green (it's on my wife's combo too ;)). But this year I'm going to try the TuffLine a lot more. It was great ice fishing (didn't freeze up much if at all) and feels great too. Good luck.