Weird spring Brooke tactics

Freshtrax

Im headed into the woods for two days to chase bookies this weekend. It's in a med size river with class 1-3 whitewater and a few big old logging dams along the way. I know it holds some nice ones I've caught tons in the summer using basic brookietechniques any weird presentations out there you care to share? I'm open to anything new.

For brookies, I always start with a simple setup... light line (mono my preferred type 6lbs :) ) a size 4 hook and a dewie... cast out and let it fall naturally... if there's any trout in the vasinity you'll know real quick :)

Also keep your shadow from reflecting in the water... always have the sun in your face :)

Good luck and tight lines

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Yep....most definitely go with the very light clear mono, size 6 Gamakatsu Octopus hook and the head of a large night crawler and nothing else. If you do add a split shot, put it on at least 24 inches above the hook. It's got to go deep and slow.

Panther Martins are my favourite brook trout lures. They are the first things I use.

Small minnow imitations also work good but they also have to go deep so use sinking models.