Pigeon Lake

scottydog

Fished from 10am till 3pm monday. Launched at nogies creek. water temp in the creek was 49 deg. Just past the bridge water temp was 41 deg. checked all the shallow bays and docks and couldn't find water above 44 deg. This time I brought my lowrance and camera and thought no problem I'll find em deeper. Needless to say all I found were muskies resting on bottom. I fished the whole north end from Nogies over to the bald lake narrows. I didn't see one crappie shallow or deep. Think I'll wait another week befor I go again. I did read on another board that a guy caught about 30 or so in 4 feet of water at the mouth of a bay. I tried.

This warmer, sunny weather all week should get them active again by the weekend. If I can get home at a decent time, I may even give them a try tonight.

How easy will it be to rent a boat there this weekend?

My guess would be impossible, none of the local marinas would even have there docks in place yet, nevermind renting boats.

I could be wrong though (it's happened once or twice), call around and see.

The crappies are there, just being picky. I was out yesterday afternoon from 130 till 5:30. Caught easily 50 between the two of us, and brought 20 each home for dinner.

They are in their usual spots, but you gotta fish hard to get them. I got mine yesterday in a spot I've never caught them before, On baits I usually don't use,so don't give up, just fish harder!! Think outside the box, keep moving, and if you catch one, work that area over really, really, really good....because there are more there.

S.