Restoule PP question

Dave Bailey

I did some searches and some of you have a fairly good knowledge of this park. I am wondering if it is possible to get a small boat or canoe up the river from Restoule Lake into Stormy Lake. On Google maps there seems to be a bridge crossing the river about halfway up, not sure if it's 'duckable' or not. We've got a week reserved there in mid August. If we need to transport to the Stormy Lake launch that's no big problem, but it would be easier to keep the Zodiac inflated, with motor installed, and on the beach at our site.

I believe there is a dam, or a similar obstruction. We just trailered. It's a 5 minute drive.

Thanks. We don't have a trailer so it's deflate and inflate. How would you say security is at that launch on Stormy? Guess we could use some sort of chain and lock, but that won't deter anyone who really wants a boat and motor.

Was at Restoule a few years back. Didn't make it up to stormy. Fishing was good in Restoule. Caught a bunch of fair sized smallies and some huge sunfish. Talked to a few others there that had good success also. Oh...also caught a few walleye. There is a store right across the lake from the campgrounds that sells gas.

Thanks. We don't have a trailer so it's deflate and inflate. How would you say security is at that launch on Stormy? Guess we could use some sort of chain and lock, but that won't deter anyone who really wants a boat and motor.

It's a boat launch in the bush. There's no gate or security guard on hand if that's what you mean. :whistling:

I leave my 17 ft bass boat at the Stormy launch all the time overnight. Lock on the motor and remove electronics. I leave my bowmount trolling motor on. I quite often leave my boat for a week at a time down at Scott's Dam and nothing ever happened to it other than someone moved it a bit. Obviously leave nothing of value in storage or rod lockers.

I did some searches and some of you have a fairly good knowledge of this park. I am wondering if it is possible to get a small boat or canoe up the river from Restoule Lake into Stormy Lake. On Google maps there seems to be a bridge crossing the river about halfway up, not sure if it's 'duckable' or not. We've got a week reserved there in mid August. If we need to transport to the Stormy Lake launch that's no big problem, but it would be easier to keep the Zodiac inflated, with motor installed, and on the beach at our site.

with a zodiac you maybe able to lift the motor up and ride the current down to stormy using your paddles. i have done it in a canoe.It will depend on the water levels,august might be pushing it though. You could also just walk it up and down the 100 or so yards where it is shallow with some rapids. The bridge is high enough you will not have to duck.I have never had a problem leaving my boat in over night at stormy,sometimes with all the gear in it. While beached on the campsite I leave everything in the boat,rods,tackle bags the only thing that has ever gone missing is some leeches to the coons at night.

It's a boat launch in the bush. There's no gate or security guard on hand if that's what you mean. :whistling:

the launch is patrolled regularly by the park officers as it is part of the park. Make sure to display your permit if you park down there.

Edited by bowslayer