Trolling Motor Questions

PickerelHunter

A recent spur of the moment purchase saw me get an Endura C2 30lb thrust trolling motor on sale for $99.

The goal is to get it onto the Coleman canoe (similar to this http://northtreasure.com/canoe%20copy.jpg ) that we have and bring it into some back lakes.

I've built the mounting bracket and the next step is now the battery.

I have searched the web for info and the only conclusion I've come to is it needs to be a deep cycle battery.

Went to Costco today, and there's different grouping, amp hours, crank somethings etc. Frustrated I left to research some more.

Hoping you guys can help me out in determining the right specs for a battery, I'm really uneducated on this topic.

Without getting into all the specifics, if you're just running it on your trolling motor like me you can get a deep cycle from Lebaron, believe they sell the Deka brand. They come in various "sizes" which are then based upon run min at a specified trolling motor thrust. They also have others which are for both starting and deep cycle.

Then make sure you get a good charger.

Thought I mentioned it elswhere here, but Lebarron had a great deal going, I bought it. Not sure if the sales still on but here's the info:

Minn Kota Endura C2-50 lbs

Min Kota (5amp) logic Charger

$50.00 mail in rebate

$189.00

Without a dout, the best deal I had come across and I had been looking since last fall.

PH

Get a Deep Cycle for sure. For the canoe and packing it in to the back lakes the weight willbe a concern So the Group 24 would be the lightest but the Group 27 would last more hours.

Rick