Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C4 round reel

davey buoy

lets get one thing straight...

is this a reel your only gunna use for musky?

or are you gunna use it for other species...?

cause now it sounds like your looking for a MUSKY reel for 100 bucks that youll ONLY use a couple times a year...ONLY for musky...

in your original post you were asking for a reel that can handle SOME musky but can be used for bass and pike the rest of the year...

Mike I realize that there is not one reel that does all,just looking for something that will work a couple times a year and a bit more if I get the bug!That's all for now.

Edited by davey buoy

Yup, for a coupla times a year the C3 or the 7000i. The 7000i is on special at Le Baron as noted by Sinclair.

Thanks Roy,I hear you and Lew also know a thing or two about musky's.:whistling:I think I have a idea of what reel I will choose.Will post later when I purchase it.Thank you everyone for your advise .Dave.:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by davey buoy

Have you tried looking for a used c3? you can save yourself a fair bit of coin. I think the last one I bought cost me $60 spooled with 80# line. Not only will the C4 be tougher to use, it'll likely break on some of the harder pulling baits.

In my opinion, it's the perfect reel for someone just trying / casually into muskie fishing and at the very least, it will double as a excellent trolling reel for other species.

Edited by Raf

Have you tried looking for a used c3? you can save yourself a fair bit of coin. I think the last one I bought cost me $60 spooled with 80# line. Not only will the C4 be tougher to use, it'll likely break on some of the harder pulling baits.

In my opinion, it's the perfect reel for someone just trying / casually into muskie fishing and at the very least, it will double as a excellent trolling reel for other species.

No I haven't Raf,but that's another great idea!

Edited by davey buoy