? for the trollers

vinnimon

Ok so today I picked up 2 walker folding planer boards(the green ones). On top of that I picked up 2 planer board snubbers. Are they nescessary? Im only asking because with the mast I built I installed two heavy duty springs. Im sure it doesnt hurt to have them on for added protection due to shock, but do I really need them?

Another ? is that i noticed there is no left or right board, there both the same, and how do they ride in the water? Do they plow threw or ride high?

Any opininions good or bad will be greatly apreciated about this product, thanks in advance guys

V

the planer boards, i have operate either to the left or the right....usually one board is longer than the other...i dont know what you mean bout a snubber...but i dont think they are needed....usually the clip releases the line when you have a fish on.....on like a dipsey where snubbers are needed as a shock absorber

they usually ride 'on top' of the water so to speak....they are visible to you and hopefully to other boats that are trolling....not much of an issue on lake ontario...but what an obstacle course to weave in and out when trolling round hay bay

good luck!

the planer boards, i have operate either to the left or the right....usually one board is longer than the other...i dont know what you mean bout a snubber...but i dont think they are needed....usually the clip releases the line when you have a fish on.....on like a dipsey where snubbers are needed as a shock absorber

they usually ride 'on top' of the water so to speak....they are visible to you and hopefully to other boats that are trolling....not much of an issue on lake ontario...but what an obstacle course to weave in and out when trolling round hay bay

good luck!

THE BOARD SHOULD BE LONGER ON THE OUTSIDE AND THE SHORTER BOARD TOWARDS THE BOAT...I HAVE NO SNUBBERS BUT A SPRING IDEA MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO LESSEN THE LOAD ON THE MAST TO THE BOARD

good luck!

Vinnie,

The walkers can be used on either side as the main arm should be dead centre in terms of the board height. The arm rides about at the water line so no worries except in real rough water. With springs up top you may not need the snubber at the board. I've been on boats before with different home made planer board masts. The springs used at the top can be touchy to get exactly the right tension.

I made my first one and put several types of springs on the top trying to get the right tension. Then spent a good time on my buddies boat that had the Big Jon masts. I ended yanking the springs off and just hard wired the top pulleys. The snubber at the board works best in my opinion.

Looking forward to getting out soon!

I towed planer boards around for a long time when I fished walleye tournaments.....snubbers are NOT needed nor are the springs.....

I built my own boards and I put on a bevel cut for the left and right board accordingly...see here.

PlanerBoards002.jpg

PlanerBoards001.jpg

And folded for storage.....

PlanerBoards006.jpg

BB i see we have the same taste in footwear....gotta love happy feet...

Vin the snubbers are not necessary but DO serve a purpose of presentation....when your trolling at a set speed the snubber stretches and retracts creating short bursts of speed to your bait....sometimes this is the difference between catching fish and watching other people catch fish..

Good Luck

Good Luck

I loved those old moccasin slippers but my stupid dog ate them....have another pair but their not as comfy as those were.....they are great all summer long......MUCH cooler and lighter then sneakers.... :thumbsup_anim:

Vin the snubbers are not necessary but DO serve a purpose of presentation....when your trolling at a set speed the snubber stretches and retracts creating short bursts of speed to your bait....sometimes this is the difference between catching fish and watching other people catch fish..

Good Luck

Point taken T :thumbsup_anim: , Its not much different than raising and lowering the riggers a foot or two just for the sake of it. That has produced a few fish last season with out even knowing it. :thumbsup_anim: