Brighton.....

Gerritt

Well I am in Brighton for a bit... and thought I better renew my license and try and do a bit of fishing to relax and get out of the house...

I am staying in Brighton for a bit helping out my ailing Oma... (just had hip surgery... my Opa is in hospital and is not coming out...Both are not long for this earth in their 90's)

Seeing as how I cannot stay cooped up all day... I thought I could maybe do a bit of shore fishing..

I am VERY close to the lake... but do not know the area at all... my Grandparents propery backs onto the Provincal park here...

So I am wondering... where should I be looking to wet a line? does anyone have any suggestions?

PM me if you dont feel comfortable sharing them here... I am not looking for your honey hole... but also wouldnt mind a tussle at the end of my line.

Thanks in advance folks.

G.

Edited by Gerritt

I'll be on Weller's Bay tomorrow, which will definitely be doable for you. There are two public launches and more than likely some better spots to cast from shore. Bring some twitchbaits

Thank you for the reply, but where is wellers bay? I am located on Ontario St. if that is any help...

Sorry for all the stupid questions.... but the computer I am on is from the dinosaur age... and Google earth wont even install on it... I am up poops creek here...

thanks again for any clairification you can offer.

G

I'm not sure what the regs are Gerrit, but there should be lots of fish in Brighton bay. I know there is a boat launch right on ontario st, before you turn into the park where you could throw some casts. Its pretty shallow, but might be some pike in there.

I know they also catch browns off wellington somewhere.....maybe ask on the quinte site.

Port hope is only a half hour or so away, rice lake another 15 from there.

If your still itching on tuesday, get in touch.

S.

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

You know Cliff, if you didn't tell everybody about it, there would be less of a crowd No disrespect, but if your going to complain about the crowds on your lake, you might want to keep your lips sealed......just sayin, and I mean no harm saying that!!!

S.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I'm confused!!!!!!!!

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

You know Cliff, if you didn't tell everybody about it, there would be less of a crowd No disrespect, but if your going to complain about the crowds on your lake, you might want to keep your lips sealed......just sayin, and I mean no harm saying that!!!

S.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I'm confused!!!!!!!!

Hey! atleast now we know where to fish for pike and browns at Brighton ..............................good.gif

Guys, I have no idea whether there are fish in those spots or not. Never tried them. Just letting Gerrit know there is a boat launch at the end of his street. Never been to Wellington either....just heard about browns down that way. Good luck if you go, and let us all know how you make out!

S.

Really? can we not keep this on topic without the need to complain and moan? I asked a simple question... to an area I am unfamilier with... cant that be good enough without the added drama?

thank you to those that have offered genuine help. I certainly appreciate it, if anyone else has an idea I can utilize I am all ears. thanks again to those of you will to help out an "out of place" angler.

G

Not sure how far you are from the Deseronto Launch, but I have seen some good sized pike caught right off the dock there....somewhat shallow and they should be in there warming up on the sunny days.

Pretty easy to find....go to Deseronto and head for the lake.