Detroit River Help

bucktail

If you launch from LaSalle you are real close to the salt mine and lately theres has been alot of walleye getting pulled out there. and your also about a 10-15mins ride to Amherstburg if the Walleye have moved down thats way by the time you come.

Unless they improved it, the one next to the bridge sucks. There is a hole where my trailer got jammed in and I could not back the boat in any further. Haven't used it since. Lasalle is an awesome ramp and the islands will give protection from the wind. I would suggest getting at least a 1 day Michigan license just in case the Ontario side gets muddy, which it does often.

Yup I have to agree with LaSalle launch. It's right at the TD Canada Trust. Follow the armada of boats to the east (I think) end of the island. We catch some nice perch right at shore. Easter week end will be very busy. I'll probably be there for Easter.

Also search the site for the video that Brandon did with John bondy on jigging the DR. It will help the learning curve. Do a google search for the next bite for fishing the DR. You might also want some monows just incase they want your jig to have meat on it. As of ten min ago the Canadian side was still muddy but cleaning up this was at the ambassador bridge.

For lineost use braid with floro