Looking for a great fishing and grouse hunt get-away

siwash

Hey, we just got phones up here. What the hell is email?

The choice is yours, but a phone call is not hard to make.

I've just gotten so used to emailing/texting etc for just about everything, that phone calls have become a nuissance!!!

lol!

Glad you got electricity now!!

Sounds like you're not interested in Temagami now anyhow, but if you are I may have another spot pending how many are in the party and what sleeping arrangements would be.

Sure it can be a tough nut to crack for pickeral.. but bass are under every piece of wood or rock.

Not closed off to the idea... it's just that I know that a few guys love pics.. how's the pike? Send me the info, I'd appreciate it...don't forget I love bush chickens so a logging road should be close by in an ideal world!

Olive Lake is just north of Marten River. Wilson Lake and Herridge Lake are further north by maybe 20 or 30 kms. All three just east of Hwy11.

If you go to Wilson, let me know...I've been meaning to try that lake...with accesswhistling.gif The only public access is down a 30 foot rock cliff or through a swamp.

I got in touch with the Wilson Lake people. Turns out they have an email! It was kind of buried in the website...

Anyhow, they are away so they have to get back to me about details... the owner was emailing from Mexico.

Seems that it is a quite a bit cheaper than Herridge.. I just can't seem o find any info on the lake and whether it is any good to fish for walleye... anyhow, I've narrowed the selection down to about 5 places! Hope to make a decision soon...

Mar Mac Lodge on Esnagi Lake is accessable by VIA railfrom Sudbury and has Waleye Pike Perch Whitefish Brook Trout and Lake trout. Esnagi Lake is 27 miles long and is completely remote. At the south end of the lake by the railroad tracks there is a trail that is not used by motorized vehicles ever. The Grouse hunting is phenomenal on this trail, and the fishing is fantastic. In September they offer some great discounts and the owners are Candian and have been on the lake for over 50 years.

Hope this helps