Anyone have a GoPro

coreyhkh

I love my GoPro. Be nice to try the GoPro2, but the original does a fine job and I can't really justify the cost to upgrade.

I use it mainly while trail riding on the dirt bike (see

and watch in 720p). For editing, I got the tip on a pretty decent and very affordable program called TrakAx from a post here on OFC - I can't remember who it was, but he'd posted a clip he'd put together of boating/fishing footage and referenced the editing software. There's a free trial version, and I'd say its well worth the $30 cost for the full version. I like it because you don't have to convert the .MP4 GoPro files before editing. And, it's super easy to create HD clips for YouTube.

Keep in mind that you generally need a pretty beefed up computer to be able to even view the footage in HD. My 'older' computer couldn't handle the files - so I'd just hook up the GoPro straight to the plasma and watch there. It also meant that editing the files was impossible, and I'd have to convert them first to a format that my computer could handle.

I ordered a underwater case with flat lens for underwater. I took some test footage around my house I was impressed with the low light performance. I get the new case and rod extension Tuesday caint wait.

this is the one I got http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/underwater/

Edited by coreyhkh

EDIT: didnt see the link above, thanks!

I usually use Imovie HD to edit, however, I have a friend who uses final cut pro x. Its a much better program for mac editing but very expensive!!

heres a video I made with the hero 2 and imovie HD, shot in 960 to reduce the fisheye effect. I need to work on my editing and getting the camera on a little quicker but let me know any other tips! Hopefully no one jumps on the location :whistling:

Any recommendations for a cheap Mac editing program?

Edited by Djeep

There's quite a lot you can do with iMovie and for the price (free) I was very impressed. Add music, text, photos, transitions etc. It's easy to drop the level of the music for sections of your video where you want the original sound to come through. But basically, it's the raw footage that you get that will make an impressive video. I've edited 1h of raw footage to get 3.5 mins of action packed end product. For me, iMovie is more then enough. I will admit I have no experience with anything else. Are the $$$ editing softwares really THAT much better for amature/youtube use??

Perhaps I just need more practice with Imovie. I would like more transition options but youre certainly right for a free program it does work well, and its all for fun so I dont wanna spend any more consider the price of the go pro itself haha

the slow motion on final cut pro is much smoother and the exported video seems to be better quality but for $300 retail the program better do something!

Edited by Djeep

for those that have imovei !!! where do you download that from?? i just have tons of sledding video that i have not edited,so all you can hear is the sound of my yamaha sled !!! its awesome but it would be nice to add some music and to shorten some of the footage ??/ not sure how to do that any info would be great thanks ??? :good:

Just curious - what program do the ones that don't have a Mac use for editing?

Thanks

Tracker (Don)

Windows also has a movie maker that comes with the OS. I believe it is called windows movie maker. It works on the same lines as iMovie.