Sportsmen's Show

Kawartha Kev

Went last night with the wifey. Similar fishing stuff as the Spring Fishing Show. More boats.

Significantly more hunting stuff. Lots of fishing lodges.

I wanted to check out all the ATVs. There weren't many. Also as a new cottage owner was disappointed with the lack in

that department. A cool flag guy with telescoping aluminum flagpoles from Sutton. 15-20-25 ft. Might get one for the lake.

Glad I didn't spend $19. $5 after 5pm. only open till 8pm weekdays

Parked at the west end of Harbourfront by the marina underground $9. Walked about 1km. nice walk

I went today (Thursday), I didn't like driving to/ parking at at the new venue. It's the same stuff, if you've got the time and are looking for something to do, it's ok

I don't know if the attendance is low or the new venue is larger, but it seemed alot less crowded today (that's a good thing)

We went to the show on Wednesday and really enjoyed ourselves, the fishing area was all concentrated in the "A" Hall with the hunting and outfitters and Army and dog trials over in the "B" Hall.

We attended several of the presentations and listened with care to Sheldon Hatch and Jeremy Brooks. we met and talked to all the TV hosts there and were able to voice our comments on their shows.

We had a good time and walked for 3.5 hrs and listened for a couple and then headed home on the MEgaBus.

If you haven't used them to get to TO, then do yourself a favour and check them out. CLUE: know your date of travel and bokk as soon as the date is on their website. As an example, we came from Kington to TO and return for $16.20 each..........Can't beat that with a stick............

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Edited by superdad

I hope its not just me , but as an old (older) guy (50 sportsmans shows , at least 28 with my children, 15+ as a rep for some sponser , you who think sponsers are a god send ,nice decal on your boat , but the pain you haVE IN YOUR A$$ IS Not so nice(cheaper to just pay the going rate believe me , nice shirts aside ), nothing comes for free and i have WORKED as a SO CALLED Representative for many a sponser, better to just pay up front, maybe if you are Kevin VanDam )THE SHOW IS as i remember it , great memories there , its why I do what I do ,is not the sAME AT THIS LOCATION ... I know why it wAS MOVED .. Gangsters who think only they can own guns ,good law abideing Citizens , NO GUNS FOR YOU , JUST US BAD GUYS ???????? Cant have you good people owning guns , you know GUNS KILL FOOLS THAT DONT HAVE GUNS dont ya!!!GIVE me your walletts, cell phones and canadain goose coats , empty your pockets , you can not have a SPORTSMAN SHOW THAT HAS GUNS FOR SALE FOR THE USAGES THAT THEY WERE MADE FOR , hunting whats that ???? EVIL EVIL , guns were made for robbing people silly rabbit , not for you good guys , good guys CANT OWN GUNS , only the bad guys need guns >> just not the same as what I remember , the ex grounds , takeing the GO TRAIN , when you are at thaT AGE train RIDES ARE SOMETHING!!cho cho good and plenty good and plenty ..being with my dad and granddad , all those fish trophys ,pics from the fly ins , trout pool , would bring home the fish I caught in the pond , stocked trout stressed out and in the warm water of the , WE CAN SAY POND(I.E . swimming pool) < YOU GUYS KNOW ITS AN Aquarium , not clean pristine rivers , but at that age does it MATTER , my mom would help me clean it and cook it for me ,damn it tasted like ass, but i loved it ,ate it all up ,skin and bones . i caught IT IM EATEING IT ,so so proud , etc. etc. SO SO many memories .. The new show is Great for me as ITS maybe easier to get to .. WHEN HAS EASY CHANGED TO MEAN "BETTER" its a 2 minute walk from the office ,5:00 $ after supper , been there twice since , and will go tonight too again, because there are many people i want to catch up with, and the show is a place we all come too .. BUT WHY IS IT NOT AT THE OLD Toronto Exposition site ... JUST NOT THE SAME , "BUT THAN WHAT IS ,"EXCEPT MAYBE MY WIFE ,SHE GETS BETTER EVERY DAY"... old mans rambleing ,sorry mods just delete if you feel so ..

Edited by capt bruce