hockey stuff for Leaf fans like me (NF)

chris.brock

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

That's easy, Ottawa fans.

ouch. we're not all like muskymatt you know. i would have thought you would have said habs fans. i haven't met any toronto or ottawa fans as obnoxious as a habs fan when they are winning. OLAYYYYYYYYYY!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Let me get this straight; People that like other teams should sell everything they own, uproot their families, and move to where those teams are.

Yup, you're a leafs fan alright.

Jim

Alot of guys at work seem to have choosen to be fans of teams that consistantly do well, I don't get it really, we don't get many RedWing's games on TV over here, at least Musky Matt now lives in Ottawa so that makes sense

I can vouche for that. The Toronto fans actually create a fun atmosphere. I'll give you 3 guesses which out of town fans consistantly make me wish I hadn't bought a ticket???

I was at a Leafs game in Tampa against the Lightning, there was about equal Leafs/ Bolts jerseys, but the Leaf fans were louder (not like the suits sitting on their hands in the ACC), it was pretty cool

ouch. we're not all like muskymatt you know. i would have thought you would have said habs fans. i haven't met any toronto or ottawa fans as obnoxious as a habs fan when they are winning. OLAYYYYYYYYYY!

Dis me eh?

And a big "ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME"???????

Scotia bank place against the leafs is like taking my purebred lab to the dog park and a bunch of yappy ornery little pocket dogs won't leave you alone.

I witnessed a leaf fan sucker punch and knock 3 teeth out of a Sens fans mouth for simply razzing the leaf fan after a loss. The leaf fan looked to be in his 40's and the other guy was just a kid, probably 20.

I've sat with my dad and had to listen to F bombs dropped by leaf fans like they were getting paid for profanity. My dads in his 70's, do you think he enjoys that?

I have seen leaf fans staggering around pissed to the gills puking in the garbage cans.

All because they wanted to go "out cheers the sens fan in our own building", come on. You call that being a hockey fan???

I don't!!

Ignorant, disrespectful, out of control little asses if you ask me!

There has been a few time's my old man has saved a leaf fan form a beating!

So how did the laffs do last night boys??????????

Another year with no playoffs and as far as I'm concerned it's karma!

You get what you deserve!

Bahahaahahahahaha

Dis me eh?

Scotia bank place against the leafs is like taking my purebred lab to the dog park and a bunch of yappy ornery little pocket dogs won't leave you alone.

I witnessed a leaf fan sucker punch and knock 3 teeth out of a Sens fans mouth for simply razzing the leaf fan after a loss. The leaf fan looked to be in his 40's and the other guy was just a kid, probably 20.

I've sat with my dad and had to listen to F bombs dropped by leaf fans like they were getting paid for profanity. My dads in his 70's, do you think he enjoys that?

I have seen leaf fans staggering around pissed to the gills puking in the garbage cans.

All because they wanted to go "out cheers the sens fan in our own building", come on. You call that being a hockey fan???

I don't!!

Bahahaahahahahaha

Ever heard the expression "the pot calling the kettle black"?

Also Matt----if you wanted to see fan clashes

should have seen some of the Cats/Argos games at Ivor Wynne when I was a kid

Was not a blue friendly zone

I'm a diehard Cats fan, had seasons tickets for years. You're right back in the day that was a ferocious rivalry...not so much anymore.

Ivor Wynn is still the best place to watch a game, you're literally right on top of the players.

Something will be lost when they build the new stadium next year.

L'il off topic here Solo---sad to see Medlock go to nfl

I guess good for him

No kidding that's a huge blow. A bit surprised Carolina signed him, the No Fun League doesn't like left footed kickers.

Wish they'd have have kept Wilbur last year in training camp instead of Medlock. Now the Cats are screwed LOL!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

That's two more teeth than I expected him to have.

Gotta say, I would be puking in the garbage cans too, if I had to spend any amount of time in that dump of a city.

Ottawa sucks.

you two are made for each other.

I grew up watching the Leafs with my Dad, 30+ years ago, on CHCH on Wednesday nights, and on CBC on Saturdays and have been a fan ever since. I've always lived in the GTA, and always followed the Leafs. The friends, and friends of friends and co-workers who claim they are fans of other teams tick me off, the teams they jump on the bandwagon with are always solid teams- Detroit, Boston, Flyers, Habs, etc, I don't know any Blue Jacket , Panther or even Predator fans, I think they should go away and live in the city with their teams, it doesn't make sense to me

I've never been a Leaf fan, but I respect the Maple Leafs and their history in hockey, pretty much say the same for all original six teams.

My family is heavily into stock car racing and I grew up going to race tracks all over eastern Canada and USA. I never really got into hockey until 1999 or so, when a friend brought me to a Jr B game and I have been hooked since. My team of choice is the Columbus Blue Jackets as I have been following them since they came into the League in 2000, I loved their Logos and colours and hockey was a new sport to me and a new team just came in the NHL so that was my team and I have been faithful ever since. (Jackets aren't any better than the Leaf's either...lol)

I live in Welland, Ontario and we are technically in Buffalo Sabres territory and for some reason, the NHL would rather block the Sabres televised games here (unless you buy sports pack) cause we are apparently in "Leafs" territory, I am sorry, but 20 minutes from Buffalo, NY as opposed to 75 minutes from Toronto, makes us in Sabres territory, but the news agencies, radio stations and NHL would rather shove the Maple Leafs down our throats here.

Go Jackets!

Dis me eh?

I don't!!

Bahahaahahahahaha

Matt,

I as a Leaf fan completely agree with you. I was at the 5-0 Leaf/Sens game last month. I knew at least 40 people there, maybe more. 3 of which were completely hammered, rude and insulting, those are just the people I knew. I saw MANY others acting the same way. Its disgusting actually. BUT, I also saw the same amount of Sens fans acting the same way. There were definitely more Blue and White jerseys at the game, and yes, Leafs fans were louder. But the Sens fans are equally as bad.

I go to at least 30 of the Sens games a year, unfortunately I get given my seats which are always in the 100's. I listen to obnoxious Sens fans who do nothing but talk really bad about the Leafs and Habs and never say anything good about their own team. (this happens at least 60% of the time). That's the issue with most Sens fans, its not that they love their team, they hate the teams to the east and the west whereas Leafs and Habs fans just love their respective teams.

So, as much as you are 100% correct, you are 100% incorrect as well. There are Leaf fans that are embarrassing to a lot of us, and hopefully you see the same in your Sens fans, they exist just like we do.

Keep up the Leaf bashing, it is entertaining to say the least. You bring out the best in a few.

PS. I still want to get out on the river with you. Lets get out this summer if you are down.

Edited by MuskyMike

Matt,

I as a Leaf fan completely agree with you. I was at the 5-0 Leaf/Sens game last month. I knew at least 40 people there, maybe more. 3 of which were completely hammered, rude and insulting, those are just the people I knew. I saw MANY others acting the same way. Its disgusting actually. BUT, I also saw the same amount of Sens fans acting the same way. There were definitely more Blue and White jerseys at the game, and yes, Leafs fans were louder. But the Sens fans are equally as bad.

I go to at least 30 of the Sens games a year, unfortunately I get given my seats which are always in the 100's. I listen to obnoxious Sens fans who do nothing but talk really bad about the Leafs and Habs and never say anything good about their own team. (this happens at least 60% of the time). That's the issue with most Sens fans, its not that they love their team, they hate the teams to the east and the west whereas Leafs and Habs fans just love their respective teams.

So, as much as you are 100% correct, you are 100% incorrect as well. There are Leaf fans that are embarrassing to a lot of us, and hopefully you see the same in your Sens fans, they exist just like we do.

Keep up the Leaf bashing, it is entertaining to say the least. You bring out the best in a few.

PS. I still want to get out on the river with you. Lets get out this summer if you are down.

A reply worth listening to, thanks MM.

Lots of good, valid points!

And yes to getting out this summer, good times!