How would you fish this spot for bass.

Harrison

I would skip a wacky rigged senko or weightless tube around the dock. I would then use a square billed crankbait and work the channel and the edge of the pads beside the channel. I would toss a wakebait beside the pads near shore and finally hit the middle of the pads with my livetarget frog.

Start off fast (Spinnerbait, jerk bait) then slow down and pick apart the structure. I've caught more big bass off busy marina docks then I care to imagine...

Chris, I still need to grab some of those wakebaits for Simcoe this year! Who made them?

Wakebaits eh, something on the "to try" list this year! The Livetarget BlueGill and Pumpkinseed look pretty sweet.

Wouldn't fish it.

I'd find a lake a little less populated and leave that one for the pros.

I figured the opposite for you Mike! Let the crowd pound this obvious spot and follow them up with a float. .5lb leader and a single egg. ;)

I would come roaring up my my bass boat, cut the throttle just as I get to the swim platform, wityh a loud UNNNGGGGGHHHH get out of the drivers seat making sure that I have the machine with the flashing lights and the machine that goes beep on and in full view of the spectators that have rushed down to the bank in order to, (no doubt), watch me, the master, fish this section of lake that they happen to vacation by.

Then I would slowly lean over, trying to get past my rotund exposed belly, and pick up one of my many ultra-expensive rod and reel combos, and display it to the spectators on shore so they can admire the fact that I have something they don't have.

Realizing that I forgot to drop the bowmount trolling motor I would bellow a particularly offensive explitive, toss my afore-mentioned rod and reel combo, lumber over to the bow of my blinding sparkly bass boat, and with an even louder grunt pull the handle and drop it into the water.

Then I would cast my lure and expertly bounce it of the dock only leaving one lure behind that had the mis-fortune of hooking it self into the easily accessible side of the dock.

That is how I would fish that area.

hahahah!

Laughed my guts off at HTHM!

To me, looks like post coldfront. Id feel that there wont be many roaming fish. But would still throw a spinnerbait around out of habit. As tight to the edges as possible. Trim down a 6" worm down to maybe a 4 1/2" on a 1/8oz jighead and drop it around the outside edges and pockets. If that pad bed and dock havent given up a fish, im going thick. Senko rigged weedless and reeled quickly across the top of the pads wont get you a fish alot of times. But it will usually cause one to turn and disturb a pad or two and indicate that the area may be salvageable.

Current will also factor in. Clarity, sunken structure, are there baitfish around? Lots of variables...

• 2 weeks later...