brand new auger...storage?

bow slayer

I have a brand new jiffy 30 auger still in the box in the garage where it has been for 2 years.I picked it up for 1/2 price end of season. It has never been out . Is it okay staying like this until i use it or should i take it out,and start it up,then summerize it. really thought this was the year I get to use it. :wallbash:

Normally, a manufacturer doesn't properly lay-up an engine before it's sold. They don't plan on the equipment sitting un-used for years. Often, they are not even test-run first.

The only Jiffy I'm familiar with has a Techumseth 2-cycle engine. If your's is the same, I'd suggest that you not fuel it up. If you do, you'll have to drain the tank and carb. Instead, I'd pull out the spark plug and fog it. Pull it over a few times gently and re-install the plug.

I have a brand new jiffy 30 auger still in the box in the garage where it has been for 2 years.I picked it up for 1/2 price end of season. It has never been out . Is it okay staying like this until i use it or should i take it out,and start it up,then summerize it. really thought this was the year I get to use it. :wallbash:

Why would you put gas in it and then have to do storage maintenance... :wallbash::wallbash: