Question about ice flow and slush In the river

misfish

Walked a good bit today,just to find,ice pads and lots of slush flowing down the river. I gave it a good go,but with nothing to show. My question is,does the noise and the floating ice thats banging around, spook the fish?

I have to say the last five days have been awesome. Lots of walking/sweating,some fish.Today I weighed myself.Im getting back up there again. :wallbash: I was 206 on Wednesday,today I am 198. :thumbsup_anim: River fishing is good. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Misfish

The sound of breaking ice and chunks of ice smashing agaist themselves definitely doesn't spook fish. Over the years I've caught tons of winter steelhead within minutes of breaking holes in the ice with bricks tied to ropes.

The sound of breaking ice and chunks of ice smashing agaist themselves definitely doesn't spook fish. Over the years I've caught tons of winter steelhead within minutes of breaking holes in the ice with bricks tied to ropes.

I would think thats a big difference , then ice banging all the time.

Oh well. Just a day that was spent trying. My aim was a bit off trying to hit the few inchs of open water between chunks. :worthy:

I was thinking Brian,since they stay in the river during the winter,one would think that would be somewhat normal to them.

I was thinking it was like seeing a shadow to them. Floating by and thing it was something moving by. Someone once told me,if you can see them,they can see you. :dunno:

I was thinking it was like seeing a shadow to them. Floating by and thing it was something moving by. Someone once told me,if you can see them,they can see you. :dunno:

if they seen a shadow of something floating by then the chances are ....there was something floating by....but they have become complacent to it ....kinda like clouds going by for us...

the second part is a true statement ...hence the reason you never wear red when hunting them in the clear shallows....personally if i can see them clearly....i wont bother with them....but if i can just make out the ghost image of him then he is worth a shot ....and if i have red on ...he is seeing me better then im seeing him....just food for thought ..

Edited by Twocoda