Fishing out of Gilford

d_paluch

Couldn't care less about the football game and really want to get out on the ice! A few questions though;

I assume there is bare ice meaning its slippery, is it recommended to grab some add-on cleats?

Is there adequate parking in Gilford? We will be leaving early in the morning, hoping to be there at no later than 7:30.

Last but not least, how far out will we need to walk to get to ~25' of water?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd rather be prepared then not! I guess the best bet for my last question is to walk out to where there are some permanent huts and drill to check depth but I'd rather have a general idea of the trek

Thanks everyone

I was talking to a guy in a tackle shop yesterday about it.

that link is to the blue ice report on feb 1. He said that the ice should still be good. In that video it ranges from 9-10 inches. He also said that parking is tough never been there for myself but was thinking about heading out tomorrow as well. I think you park on the road there from what i heard.

Hope this helps might see you tmrw look for two guys with orange survival suits on haha :canadian:

Couldn't care less about the football game and really want to get out on the ice! A few questions though;

I assume there is bare ice meaning its slippery, is it recommended to grab some add-on cleats?

Is there adequate parking in Gilford? We will be leaving early in the morning, hoping to be there at no later than 7:30.

Last but not least, how far out will we need to walk to get to ~25' of water?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd rather be prepared then not! I guess the best bet for my last question is to walk out to where there are some permanent huts and drill to check depth but I'd rather have a general idea of the trek

Thanks everyone

Limited parking close to shore.More parking two streets west of the lake. A small hike.

When I was there last week, there's lots of parking on the street, but its a bit of a walk to the water. Best if ur with someone to drop ur gear at the access area to the lake, have ur bud stay with it and go park where everyone else has. Ur lookin at a good hike to get to 25' of water, we were fishing 18' in one of terry goy's huts, and we were out a good 1-1.5KM off shore.

get there at sunrise if you hope to find parking nearby.

Sun rise??????????????? LOL

I was at the spot today at 5:45 and they were already starting to stack up.

The limit of ice this year,it,s the earlier,the better. Wait around in the dark,have a java and a cig or two. :rofl2: