Just for the record!

bassassin

• 1 year later...

Was just reading all the comments and we have a piece of land on Lorimer Lake. Just bought it actually and have found that the staff at the town hall....whitestone. They are helpful with what you can build and will guide you thru the process. I drove up there to chat with them and its pretty easy. I am allowed to build a couple shacks (bunkies for later) that we will use for storage untill we build the cottage. We are supposed to sleep in a tent and there is no limit as to how long it can be there(in the case of a trailer I am sure its the same).

Its a great are and the fishing on Lorimer is great. My only question would be if the ice fishing is any good on Lorimer? My wife and I are going up to have a look at our land and I thought it might be nice to do some fishing on the ice as I have never don that before....any thoughts?

I hear the lake trout fishing is great on Lorimer, congrats on the purchase. i read the bylaws and it says there is a 30 day limit on trailers. The staff at the Whitestone office including the building official are phenominal and go out of their way to help you. They even put me intouch with whitestone resort who were giving away their 2,3 and 4 bedroom cottages for free! the only catch was you had to bring them to your site which costs 20k+...

Im hoping to clear the lot and install a driveway this year spring/summer theres a guy on my street there with a gravel quarry and equipment that most people go to, but if Skip is still willing to help and the price is right then he's my man and he should be yours too!

Thanks for the reply. I hope you get the people together to put your dream cottage up for as little cost as possible. Its a nice area and our kids love it up there.

So do you know how the snow is this time of year? There must be a ton of it now. We are hoping to head up soon to do a bit of snowmobile fun and spend a night in a hotel sso we can go see our land. When building, its important to see the land in all 4 seasons so you build it in the right spot.

Any one have any builders or tradesmen that they recommend? We have a septic guy all set already but thats all.

This is all new to me, so how do I get in touch with the guy you guys mentioned? I didnt see any pics either, so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to how you move around this site to see more?

Thanks and we are heading up today to seee how the snow and Ice is on Lorimer lake.

I have a trailer on Lorimer and a couple friends as well , they were up there last week snowmobiling and said there was lots of snow and ice . Actually they went all the way up to Loring on the trails and lakes with no problems. I know a couple contractors that work on that lake but I can't get a hold of them till spring , thats when we start to see them around the park . If you need any info on the area let me know and I will help you out when I can !

This is all new to me, so how do I get in touch with the guy you guys mentioned? I didnt see any pics either, so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to how you move around this site to see more?

Thanks and we are heading up today to seee how the snow and Ice is on Lorimer lake.

PM sent!