More SHOTS

DMASSE

Hello

So I have been shooting quite abit on my free time between fishing and family life,

here are some shot I hope you enjoy. All and any suggestions on how to make shooting fun and a learning experience welcome.

SWANS

DSC_1990.jpg

DSC_1981.jpg

WOODPECKER

DSC_1920.jpg

Tree Sparrow

DSC_1913.jpg

DSC_1907.jpg

CSC_1937.jpg

Great shots. Just one tip.

The second pic of swan.

The swans a bit whitted out cause its too bright.

Try taking a meter reading of the swan zoomed in(on the brightest spot) then hold the shutter button half way to get the reading. Then zoom back out recompose your shot while still holding down the shutter half way, Then press the shutter all the way. This will increase detail on the swans feathers and darken the water more.

:thumbsup_anim:

Keep at it !!

karper

It's nice to see that you are enjoying your camera Dave. You have a good eye. I think that your post processing needs a little work though. A 30 second fix of your Woodpecker shot gave me this result.

DSC_1920.jpg

Most of your shots are under exposed, which is not such a bad thing. The detail is still there and you can recover it. On the other hand, your Swan shots are over exposed. The chances of recovering detail from these shots is slim. This could be a fault of your camera. I had a camera that consistantly blew out the highlights. Not fun.

Glad to see you participating here Dave. I'm looking forward to more of your shots.

It's nice to see that you are enjoying your camera Dave. You have a good eye. I think that your post processing needs a little work though. A 30 second fix of your Woodpecker shot gave me this result.

DSC_1920.jpg

Most of your shots are under exposed, which is not such a bad thing. The detail is still there and you can recover it. On the other hand, your Swan shots are over exposed. The chances of recovering detail from these shots is slim. This could be a fault of your camera. I had a camera that consistantly blew out the highlights. Not fun.

Glad to see you participating here Dave. I'm looking forward to more of your shots.

Thanks for the info

Just to let you know I haven't edited any of my shots, I dont have a decent editing program as of yet " CTRANTER" I am shooting in full limits of the camera in both jpeg and raw

The camera that I am shooting is a Nikon d90 and the lens is a sigma 170-500 f5.3-6.8 the under exposed issue is due to lack of lighting. That day the swans were 7 ft away from me as I was perching on a log at a beach on a very bright day

I love shooting AT sherkton shores but mostly at the end of hall rd whitby, Yesterday i had multiple bluejays, chickadee's downy woodpeckers and tree sparrows landing on my hand, I almost got a cardinal to land he was 2 ft away.

going out today again with the nice weather.

Dave

Edited by DMASSE

Excellent shots. Photoshop is a well known program that you can use during post processing. However, Paintshop Pro, and PhotoImpact are also very versatile. Couple these with the hundreds of Plugins available for Photoshop, and you can make miracles happen with your photography.

I am going to have to compile some of mine, and upload them. I have a Pentax Kx DSLR that i am learning. I chose Pentax, because when i was younger, i used the k1000, which i still have in mint condition.

Thanks for posting theses pics.

Paul

Photoshop can work wonders if you are shooting RAW. If JPEG, it's pretty much a lost cause.

Another option, is converting Jpeg to Bitmap, editing, then converting them back to Jpeg. This works fine for displaying the photo on a screen.Not sure if the printed image would be grainy as a result.

I use Corels Paintshop Pro X3 more than Photoshop.

Here is an image i converted from Jpg to Bmp. Its not a Photo,it was done in Vue d'Esprit,a 3D image software, but it edits exactly the same.This image has been reduced too fit. The original is 32Mb in size.

The slight etherial fogginess you see near ground, was done using a plugin associated with Photoshop, called Melancholytron, by Flaming Pear software.

mill.jpg

Nice shots Dave. If you haven't checked it out yet, have a look at Picasa from Goggle, a free download program that will allow simple yet very handy post processing until you get something better. It is fairly easy to use and is an excellent picture database to keep you organized, well worth the time and a lot of fun to use....