Is this legal in Ontario??

tschirk

Yup... Hang a small weightless soft plastic off of a popper and hang on...

Or use a 3 way swivel with a original floater rapala and a deep diver

I have found a 3 way with a 6' lead for a deep diver (Bomber A) and then a 4' lead with a matching color flutter spoon works very good.....Never any tangles....I have also used a Rapala with a 5-6' lead off the back hook trailing a ice fly. And of course with down riggers you can get real exotic with cheaters and sliders, etc.....

I've never thought of running a jig below a topwater before, lol!

Killer for smallmouth Bill. Especially behind a zara spook or other walk the dog style bait. Usually a light rigged tube(I usually just rip a hole in the side of the tube, makes it sink) or senko is the deal. Depending on the day we have removed the back hook on the topwater to reduce foul ups because the fish were eating the plastic everytime anyways.

There is other things I do for largies in the thick stuff with double bait set up. I remember one T on Scugog where the trailer bait was the only one the fish ate. Dock talk of the day was how the topwater bite sucked, but was great for us. That was one of the last T's I fished.

Looking forward to 2012 after a little hiatus.

As for the A rig, the only water I can think it will shine would be Simcoe, Lake O or Erie. I think there is to much weed to fish the smaller ponds with it. Would get tiresome very quick. Unless all you fished was channel beds. But who knows, someone will probably figure out how to use it somewhere on them.

Edited by Harrison

Three or four Chinooks on one of these would be interesting. I may this on Lake Ontario this June.

Imagine if all 4 headed towards NY, you better have your passport on ya.

Edited by Harrison