Steel fishing with Ccmtcanada

Basskicker

Well I finally had the opportunity and honor to get out for some steelheading this morning with fellow Ccmtcanada. The action was pretty slow and the weather wasn't the best but I had a blast. After trying the first spot with no luck....we tried another spot...however the wind was really nasty out there....so we decided to try back where we had began the morning.

A few drifts later my float went under...set the hook and felt the head shakes.....cool. After the fish realized he was hooked he made several runs....eventually he was netted by Ccmtcanada. Thanks.....

IMG_0225.jpg

So after a couple of hours we called it quits...sort off. I took Ccmtcanada up to one of my spots for opener for a LOOK to see some spawning fish doing their thing. We saw several fish in this creek....took a few pics.

You can see the fins sticking out of the water

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Can't wait to get out again fishing with Ccmtcanada ......stand up guy.

Jason

Basskicker...the honour was mine!! You are a great guy to fish and chat with. Next time though, the coffee's are on me. Even though the weather was bad (wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't so windy), I still had a great time. You were right...seemed like that fish was going to come in nice and easy and then BAM....it went darting everywhere. As for netting, I'm getting good at it because I net all of bly's fish...LOL. At least my float went down once...I was thinking my roe was rotten...haha.

That "opener secret spot" was awesome to see. We must have seen 50 fish in the short time we were there...and you know there were probably at least another 50 we didn't even see. It was killing me though...all those fish and not a thing I could do about it....LOL. You had some great pics there...I have only one to add....

gallery_60_23_12432.jpg

Anyhow, had a great time....thanks a lot for the info and the company. You ever need a fishing partner, you just let me know.

Cliff

Nice pictures guys I was waiting for this report.This just made my evening because we are getting pounded once again with snow.

Help .................!!!!!!!!!!Mike

Mike...sorry to hear about your snow!!! If I could, I'd take it away and have it fall here...no wait...what am I saying? Not in a million years....LOL.

Basskicker is a great guy...had a great day out there.

Nice looking pre-opener 'bow basskicker and

exellent pics of the chrome in your secret spot BTW.

Basskicker........I see from your hat you are a member of LIUNA...loc. 183????........me too!

First LIUNA member Ive met on here.......We'll have to get out together to wet some lures sometime.