Niagara River

duxbware

Hello all,

With this warm weather we are having I have put off icefishing our trip to the BOQ. We are thinking of heading down to the Niagara River. Being first timers I think the safest way is to go with a guide. I did a quick google search and found a few guides. Nomad Fishing, Cast Adventures and Niagara Fishing Adventures are the three I have selected. Has anyone ever been fishing with any of these three guides? Do you recomend wading or boat? It said on the website it takes 10 days to get a N.Y state licence mailed to you. We want to go the weekend of the 20th in Jan, so fishing N.Y state pools are out...if anyone has any info please post or pm me. If you think we can do it on our own(no boat) please tell me how. Thanks in advance.

Todd.

Second vote for Cast Adventures, Paul is one of the best anglers that I've ever fished with and is a great guy to boot! Shore fishing can be good in the gorge, but from a boat is tops IMO.

You can print your license off of the NYS DNR website right away.

Good luck,

Darcy

From a boat with Paul Castellano at this time of year is a very good choice. They have been doing quite well recently too.

Not that I wouldn't like the business but shore fishing once January hits can be spotty. Whirlpool has been very inconsistent lately due to dirty high water.

Good luck!

The Niagara is an amazing fishery. Paul a a great guide and a good friend of mine, you won't be disappointed booking a day with him. I set up a trip for a guy sub-contract for and tagged along on sunday. He wanted to target lakers and he got lakers all right. Lots of em!

here's a few pics..

n2-1.jpg

n6-1.jpg

n5.jpg

Edited by troutguy

Thanks Torco, we do have some pretty fantastic trips lined up for 2012 too and i will get the details up on the website soon. Thanks for keeping us in mind.

Ryan, good to see you out taking advantage of the Niagara fishery! See you at the spring shows.