Lures for Cuba

Live2fish85

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know if you could give some advice on lures for Cuba. My friend is going to Cuba on The 8th of jan. Hes thinking of some for shore and some for charters he wants to bring some to leave with the charter guides and more then anything shore fishing . Any advice would be great thanks.

Shore casting nothing beats a sabrinkisabinki sabiki rig for bait and a 6 oz sinker and hook to cast the bait back out further. A silver casting spoon works well too.

Art

Edited by aplumma
poor spelling

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know if you could give some advice on lures for Cuba. My friend is going to Cuba on The 8th of jan. Hes thinking of some for shore and some for charters he wants to bring some to leave with the charter guides and more then anything shore fishing . Any advice would be great thanks.

Anything silver or with a hint of red. The locals really appreciate spools of braid also.

Hope he has a great trip

Jigs and half a shrimp for shore fishing. Used these in Florida and caught all kinds of crap on them..

http://docsgoofyjigs.com/default.aspx

We used 6lb braid with 20lb flouro leads and medium action spinning rods.. Bring extra line because if you hook into something really big, you'll be spooled.

Edited by BillM

BTW, don't listen to Art. :D You'll never find a "sabrinki". They're called sabiki....available at most tackle shops and are even easy to make. Google them to see what they look like. Good luck to your friend.

BTW, don't listen to Art. :D You'll never find a "sabrinki". They're called sabiki....available at most tackle shops and are even easy to make. Google them to see what they look like. Good luck to your friend.

Thanks Roy. I did a google search and realized that it was called a sabiki rig as well. I will tell my friend about all the advice. Thanks alot. Also I am planning to make him some as I got alot of time on my hands now. What would you suggest for line mono or flouro. I read either a #4 or #6 hook is best and I also just started ti learn how to tie flies and that so will most likely add some colour to them in case he has trouble getting bait for the hooks.

Also it never came to my mind until now that Art was from the States lol. Not to say that his info was wrong it was still accurate from other things I have read only his spelling or it may have been his humour. Either way thanks for the help.

Edited by Live2fish85

Yes I did spell it wrong... It is my favorite go to bait when I fish saltwater. The Cuba part if the USA could forget the past we might be lucky enough to go to that wonderful place some day. I have fished both Jamaica and the Bahamas so II'm pretty sure the tactics will work their there as well. Now how do I submit this to Roy to spell check this thing. :clapping:

Art

Thanks for having my back Roy

Edited by aplumma
cause Roy is correct