Coleman at Sail?

John Bacon

Did anyone happen to notice if Sail had a selection of Coleman stoves? Preferably the Oshawa store. I am looking for an old school Coleman double burner stove. Liquid fuel... none of this propane or electronic ignition stuff.

I checked Sail's web site and didn't see any Coleman products at all. I have heard that they do carry Coleman products in the store. I am interested in seeing the store but don't want to make the drive if they done have what I am looking for.

I have a few they all work perfectly.

I believe the oldest one is from early 60s it is my Fathers.

The others are on the block. $

But I firmly believe that propane and propane accessories are the way to go. far more superior in construction /convience and safety :thumbsup_anim: without a doubt.

Im not even shure that they sell the old naptha stoves anymore?

Edited by saltydawg

Yes, saw a pretty good line up at the Sail store in Oshawa. I believe there was a liquid fuel one on the shelf....has been re-designed for auto generator cleaning and the fuel rod runs between the burners if I remember correctly.

Prefer the naptha stove over propane - having to dispose of the small steel propane cylinders when empty seems a waste. You get a lot of cooking out of a quart/liter sized tin of naptha and is generally available in most places.

A multi fuel stove - naptha/gasoline stove would also be handy, but having 2 Coleman's still running from over 30 years ago, feel no need to upgrade.