Wader Repair

spinnerdoc

For your next pair - FORGET neoprene - look into a good breathable pr - Wright & McGill - AWESOME and reasonable $!

Neoprene are great in the winter. The breathables have neoprene booties anyhow, so I'm failing to see how a set of breathables would have worked any better in this situation...

Neoprene are great in the winter. The breathables have neoprene booties anyhow, so I'm failing to see how a set of breathables would have worked any better in this situation...

Unless you're running around without wading boots - all that soft neoprene is protected. I've owned both neoprene and breathables -- breathable are WAY more durable. I don't know how many times I've slid down a bank or wading into a submerged stick and thought "Oh, that did it" - but still, no holes. And they're WAY easier to get in and out of. Mine also have built-in gators that perfrom flawlessly and the included wading belt also acts as a back supporter.

Unless you're running around without wading boots - all that soft neoprene is protected. I've owned both neoprene and breathables -- breathable are WAY more durable. I don't know how many times I've slid down a bank or wading into a submerged stick and thought "Oh, that did it" - but still, no holes. And they're WAY easier to get in and out of. Mine also have built-in gators that perfrom flawlessly and the included wading belt also acts as a back supporter.

I have a set of Simms G3's... I know all about breathables.. What I'm saying is, if he had a hole on the top of his toe, it's got nothing to do with if the waders were breathables or not.. They all have neoprene booties....

Neoprene, at least quality neoprene waders that I use for duck hunting have proven over time to be very durable....want to test waders...the swamp I hunt is like a proving ground for waders....logs, sticks you name it....it's under there and you can't see it, unlike a clear trout stream. Haven't had a leak yet.... :worthy:

Neoprene, at least quality neoprene waders that I use for duck hunting have proven over time to be very durable....want to test waders...the swamp I hunt is like a proving ground for waders....logs, sticks you name it....it's under there and you can't see it, unlike a clear trout stream. Haven't had a leak yet.... :worthy:

I can olny speak for neoprenes, as they are the only one's I've ever had, for a long time and had no issues with it until now :thumbsup_anim:

So Spinnerdoc - you've never owned breathables? What about you BillyBob?

I don't understand why people are talking about the neoprene booties - they're in the boot. Protected from holes being punched by logs, etc.

Solopaddler - care to elaborate?

My first pr of waders were neoprene (mid-range, as far as quality & price point) and I was wading in cattail swamps trapping 'skrats. It wasn't long before they had holes punched in them.

These breathables I now own (yes, with neoprene booties) have positively thrilled me.

I also found neoprene warm, yes - but not less warm than layering up (or down) under my breathables. Also - I tended to sweat in neoprene and then peeling those things off (slash - putting them on) was always a bit more a struggle than my breathables. I dont' think I'd purchase neoprene again, but, as always, I'm open to hearing input.