December? Don't Tell the Fish That

kemper

With all of this rain and unseasonably high temps the first week of December was one to remember. Made a few trips, mostly solo to lake Ontario and Gbay rivers all with a level of success that is unexpected in December. Not only were the bows hungry, but they fought like it was October with some awesome acrobatics.

As usual, I only snapped a few shots because I was alone. These are from my cell phone, I took a swim in a large, high and VERY cold Georgian Bay river this past weekend that pooched my camera. Be careful out there, my wading belt and tightly cinched waterproof jacket kept me fairly dry but without the right gear and some luck it easily could have been a very different story.

Enjoy.

IMG-20111201-00239.jpg

IMG-20111201-00240.jpg

IMG-20111201-00242.jpg

IMG-20111201-00243.jpg

IMG-20111201-00244.jpg

And last but not least I banked my biggest of the season, easily over the 10lb barrier and likely pushing 12 or 13 but the only picture I managed to get was of his tail. As I was repositioning myself to get a better shot he decided that the water looked better than the bank and went back in the drink. No harm, I guess you will just have to believe me on the size ;) .

IMG-20111201-00246.jpg

For those still heading out - wear your spikes, wading belt, and don't try any stupid crossings. It's not October anymore.

another great report. Right now I am living out my steelhead fishing through these reports as due to life circumstances I was not able to get out the last 2 weeks and it does not look like I will be getting out anytime soon.

So please keep them coming

Realized I doubled up some of those pics...they all look the same in thumbnail version on photobucket.

Here's a nice coloured up male to make up for it!

Crappy cell phone picture, but this fish had red fins. Banked this one about 3 minutes before I took my swim.

IMG-20111203-00248.jpg