Question

xrap

When your fishing close to a santcuary and you hook into a fish and the fish runs into the santcuary do you have to cut your line imediatley and if you continue to fight the fish and a Co comes will you get charged? This will probally never happen but a trib I fish the only part to fish is close to the santcuary and if this ever happens to me I wana be sure to know what to do.

If you know it is a sanctuary why would you fish near it? give yourself alot of distance from it and you will be ok and wont have to worry about being charged by a CO...

I know the only dumb question is the one that is not asked... but this seems like common sense to me.

Dont fish near a Sanctuary.

Gerritt.

If you know it is a sanctuary why would you fish near it? give yourself alot of distance from it and you will be ok and wont have to worry about being charged by a CO...

I know the only dumb question is the one that is not asked... but this seems like common sense to me.

Dont fish near a Sanctuary.

Gerritt.

Hey Gerritt, The only place on this trib to fish is right beside the sanctuary. It's the only spot and then after that the rest of the creek is a sanctuary.

If its the spot im thinking from the wire down is open to the lake ...if your fish heads towards the sanctuary put the brakes to the reel if it snaps guess its a safe fish ...but like gerrit said stay well below it and np...

sXRap, if that is the only spot to fish it.... Well I just wouldnt fish it, simple as that.... might not be the answer you were looking for but that is exactly what I would do.... Other may disagree with me, but hey it is only my opinion.... Ultimately it is up to you.... it could be a very grey area in terms of the law, and you could find yourself on the wrong of the fence... I would hate to see you get in any trouble based upon knowing what we know.

Gerritt.

Hey don't worry Gerritt. I posted this up to get a diffrent opion on what other people would do. I am still going to continue fishing that spot but I'll be more careful. And if I ever do run into the situation I'll tighten my drag and if it brakes then there's nothing I can do. Better than being fined and having my fishing gear taken away. Thanks for everyone's advice who replied :)

with the MNR budget today you have nothing to worry about <_< called in two guys poaching on my local trib today, and they told me i would get a call back in 30 minutes, its been 4 or 5 hours... NOTHING

To answer your original question (are you talking about the ganny by any chance?) i would still fight the fish but not walk into the sanctuary.

with the MNR budget today you have nothing to worry about <_< called in two guys poaching on my local trib today, and they told me i would get a call back in 30 minutes, its been 4 or 5 hours... NOTHING

To answer your original question (are you talking about the ganny by any chance?) i would still fight the fish but not walk into the sanctuary.

Far away from the ganny. It's not only the Mnr. I don't want someone taking a picture of me and then posting it all over the internet calling me a poacher.