If you watched this

misfish

The faceoff should have been in the other end, the DOG was caused by TB not fore checking. What a pathetic excuse for a tactic, not hockey at all. I coach minors and we are constantly on them to chase the puck and gain possesion, hopefully they were not watching this crap.

I'd be in favour of ANYthing that stops teams from trapping. If I had to endure another decade of watching teams trap their way to the Stanley Cup, I'd stop watching.

I applaud Philly for bringing it to light( and believe me, I HATE Philly ).

If it was up to me, I'd have a rule where Tampa would get 2 minutes for 'lack of aggression.'

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i don't like the trap but it's a legitimate hockey strategy. the best way to get rid of it is to render it ineffective with short passes or chips off the boards and counter it with good ol' fore check. standing around just makes laviolettte and the flyers look like attention whores to me.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

the best way to get rid of it is to render it ineffective with short passes or chips off the boards and counter it with good ol' fore check.

Bingo,

Plus a little a bit of dump and chase, and first man in the corner, finish your checks & make 'em count...Then watch the trap fall apart.