Fisher problems

NAW

This guy at Liberty?

100_0302.jpg

He/she was on shore when it saw me, then jumped in and swam right out to my canoe. It would have come closer had I not moved to take my lure out of his strike zone.

I don't think it's a fisher...

N.A.W.: That's a crazy story.... I bet your heart rate went up rapidly! haha.

Tough to tell not seeing the face, but I think that's an otter.

We got one that lives in the river bank in a tree stump root were we fish. I've gone over to retrieve floats off the bank by the stump a few times and heard it growling at me from inside the stump. Needless to say I don't spend a lot of time near that old stump. This guy is a big full grown fisher and more than likely has a family in there as well.

I've had one nest on a stretch of shore where I shore fish all the time. He made two nice boroughs in the shoreline.

The first time we met, I was chasing pike along the shoreline, and I kept hearing surface water breaks. I had assumed it was a pike feeding, so I was following the shoreline taking cast, hoping to meet up with him. Took a good 5-10 minutes for me to actually see him, D'OH, it's a fisher! lol.

He;s been around for quite some time now, and he doesn't seemed bothered by me at all. He comes close (about 10-15ft), but no closer. And he appears to like making me think hes a fish? lol.

I've had my fair share of run ins in my time with mean territorial fishers that think they own the land and water, however these ones were in waders. :)

Seriously had either a fisher or marten freak on me one time while Moose hunting, vicious little thing. Actually prepared for it to attack me, then for some reason it turned and ran.

Edited by Harrison