Fenwick HMX warranty

cjgraham

Well not too long ago there was a post on here about St Croix vs Fenwick rods. I have a Fenwick HMX, and put my two cents into the thread about how I love Fenwick. Well I feel like I'm inserting my foot into my mouth because my 10'6" Fenwick HMX snapped for no apparent reason tonight. It happened when I was putting my rod together. Not even tension on the rod. I'm assuming there was a hairline crack in there somewhere. Anyways this rod was purchased not even a month ago. I bought it online as Fish USA still have the receipt. My question is.... Is anyone out there familiar with Fenwick warranty? What hoops I have to jump though?Any info would help as I am still reeling from a broken rod blink.gif...... never fun. Any soothing words will help Thanx

Try going through this (http://www.fenwickfi...om/warranty.php) site . . . . a few years ago I broke 3 Fenwicks, ALL 10' 6", ALL HMX's, in less than a year. I had to mail them to an address in Winnipeg, which I no longer have. There was no problem getting the rods replaced, it was just a pain in the a s s. Their excuse at that times, they had recently changed suppliers and got a whole raft of bad blanks! When I got #3 back, I took it, sealed in the shipping tube, receipt in hand, to Lebaron's and asked for a credit against a 13' Loomis GL2, which I got. (It was at Lebaron's that I was told about the shipment of bad blanks!) But that is the problem with buying over the Internet . . . . nobody to take the rod back to . . . . yer on yer own! I don't even know if Fenwick in Canada will honour warrantys on rods built stateside. Anybody else know?

Sounds like you maybe got an old rod like mentioned. Send it to pure fishing head office in Brantford On (google address) with receipt and note detailing how it broke. You will likely see a replacement at your door soon.

thanks for the info guys. yeah this was the first time I bought a rod over the net. never again. I've never heard of pure fishing will they take rods that were bought in the US? would save me money. Thanks

A few years ago I won a Fenwick rod in a tournament.

The following season I broke it doing something careless while unhooking a snag.

I phoned Pure fishing in Canada...I think they were in Winterpeg, but this is the only address I am finding now...

7 Science Court

Columbia, SC 29203

Toll Free: 1-800-334-9105

Locally: 803-754-7000

They asked me to mail them the rod, but after some discussion, it was determined that all they really needed was the section above the handle with the logo and rod-info on it. I cut that off with a hacksaw, mailed it, and received my new rod in about 10 days.

Good Luck

Garry2R's

I had one break on me a few years ago. As Garry says, they were in the 'peg then. Sent it to them. Called afew weeks later, said they never got it? I had sent via a package with a tracking number on it - sent them proof of delivery, got my replacement in the mail next week. I think it cost about $30.00 for postage and handling.

Pure fishing's Canadian office is now in Brantford

Pure Fishing

They were really quick in responding to my email questions, so maybe drop them the question directly - I dont see why where you bought it should affect a rod warranty..