Fishing the Grand Canyon

mirogak

Hey gang,

Just found out that I will be going on a work trip first week of Jan to Phoenix which is not too far from the Grand Canyon (like five hours away). Initial research tells me there is excellent trout fishing there, especially in the fall and winter. I am thinking of extending my trip to fit in some fishing.

Wondering if anybody fished there?

Thx and cheers.

Edited by letsgofishing

Practice your flippin too.Some places the walls are not completely vertical.

All joking aside, i've been there twice,not to fish though, besides beautiful to behold, i spoke with a few of the Hualapai indians while there and the trout fishing is sposed to be beyond belief.I was told that the east end of the park has the best trout fishing.The west end is muddier and less productive for Trout.The indians do alot of carp fishing in the western part, if you are into that.

Practice your flippin too.Some places the walls are not completely vertical.

All joking aside, i've been there twice,not to fish though, besides beautiful to behold, i spoke with a few of the Hualapai indians while there and the trout fishing is sposed to be beyond belief.I was told that the east end of the park has the best trout fishing.The west end is muddier and less productive for Trout.The indians do alot of carp fishing in the western part, if you are into that.

Thanks but I don't care much about carp - it is the trout I am chasing.

Lucky! I saw the episode of Extreme Fishing with Robson Green where he fished there, and I believe they were catching rainbows in there. I would love to go there, but it'll never happen.

weekend packages to Las Vegas are dirt cheap Dana, then book a hummer tour of the Canyon from there(2 hours away).It will change your soul.

weekend packages to Las Vegas are dirt cheap Dana, then book a hummer tour of the Canyon from there(2 hours away).It will change your soul.

Honestly, was thinking doing that myself. It starts around the Hoover dam and down to the Canyon. Hear there are two creeks with awesome bows down there.

I have been to the Grand Canyon as well but never fished it, it is truly an amazing place.

If fly fishing you may want to hire a guide ...

here are some links i found

http://www.frommers....2284020352.html

http://www.leesferry...g.com/index.htm

Thanks bud - I will check'em out as I will have my new used rod with me ;) - the one I got from Craigslist and Mike appraised at $150 ;)

Well, unfortunately I'm not likely to ever fly there until the radiation blasters and the Trained Sexual Assaulters are removed from airports... So it will never happen for me. But it's OK - I am from northern Ontario, and there is enough beauty here for my soul. <3

prepare for a days hike to the river and a day to hike out

Really - but I am going to be camping as well. I think there are campsites near Bright Angel Creek which has rainbows, Apache trout, browns, and Brookieeeeeeeees .... eeeha

Honestly, was thinking doing that myself. It starts around the Hoover dam and down to the Canyon. Hear there are two creeks with awesome bows down there.

I was there 3 years ago.Just before i got back into fishing.If i go again, i will defiantely bring a rod and reel. Lake Mead has a phenomenal fishery also.

Well, unfortunately I'm not likely to ever fly there until the radiation blasters and the Trained Sexual Assaulters are removed from airports... So it will never happen for me. But it's OK - I am from northern Ontario, and there is enough beauty here for my soul. <3

Well said Dana