Kingston area ?

Skipper D

Maybe planning a trip for next year over that way , wondering whats there to be caught south of Montreal st from the 401 back west to the iron bridge ?Now this should be edited to read east of Montreal st , south of the 401 , and north of the iron bridge to be correct .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Montreal street is a north south artery. Which iron bridge, do you mean the Lasalle causeway? It's south of the 401 and just north of Lake Ontario.

Now i don't know which way to turn .. lol. Its not funny but for my hole life i always in my head when driving towards th QC boarder looked at that side of Kingston as the south side , stupid ! Then Roy came along . Your right Roy , east of Montreal st , north of the iron bridge and south of the 401 ................. thank you for fixing my compass .

No worries at all. I'm easy to confuse so the clearer the instructions, the better. :) You're looking at the Cataraqui River and there's a lot of fish in there. It's the southern end of the Rideau canal and empties into Lake O. I've never fished it but there is rumoured to be great pike in there as well as a bunch of other species. I'm sure someone will chime in with specifics.

there are some great Largemouth in the Rideau system.This i know for a fact.Dad brought my brother and i up Bass fishing all through the system.I am realatively certain that some of those have filtered down through the locks into Kingston.

He was born in Jones Falls, and as a kid i used to bass fish with him all through there.My Gramps helped maintain the locks there in the winter when he wasnt trapping beaver and Muskrat.

http://ontarioguide.com/OntarioPhotos/Jones_Falls_Locks_Rideau_Canal/

We used to get some great Walleye and Pike there too. Check out this site for a few locations

http://www.fishingcottagerental.com/kingstonontariofishing.htm

Paul

Well my dad used to catch giant eyes right off the shore at RMC just below the bridge,6-8lb average...now that was in 1947 and I wonder if they might be still there.

And Merc I use to fish those same waters with my dad in the fifties and bass was not considered a real fish :dunno:

vance

Well my dad used to catch giant eyes right off the shore at RMC just below the bridge,6-8lb average...now that was in 1947 and I wonder if they might be still there.

And Merc I use to fish those same waters with my dad in the fifties and bass was not considered a real fish dunno.gif

vance

rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Tell that to the guys from Pennsylvainia and North Carolina, who came up every year to be guided by my Gramps, for Bass.whistling.gif

We used to go out in dads 14ft Peterborough,mom and dad and me and the sister.Mom HATED being in the boat and dad hated spending all his time baiting hooks and taking off bass when he could be fishing for REAL fish.30 years down the road he used to laugh about it because it was an act for my mom to let us go fishing together...

vance

We used to go out in dads 14ft Peterborough,mom and dad and me and the sister.Mom HATED being in the boat and dad hated spending all his time baiting hooks and taking off bass when he could be fishing for REAL fish.30 years down the road he used to laugh about it because it was an act for my mom to let us go fishing together...

vance

I hear ya Vance.Mom always gave Dad a hard time about fishin.Thats why, later in life, he didnt go as often as he should have..

Thanks all you guys for your chimes on this , sounds like yous have some great memories spent over that way . For me i have to say that dam i think i have a nak for picking good spots to fish biggrin.gif. I'll have to try it then for all of you's , with my mom in Kingston in a retirement home and it being a ways to drive and spend the weekend sitting around just visiting if you know what i mean . I think its time i start taking my boat along and try some of thease spots , maybe even catch a fish to share with mom ... lol . Any way lots to learn this winter so am ready next summer .