Beuaty day for some perchin

bigugli

Me and the Rockfish made the trek up to Lady S this morning to do some fine perchin. With a good foggy nip in the air, and frost on the ground, we started our morning. At the outset, things looked like it was gonna be a heavy bite for the first hour, and a few quality perch were caught.

000_2546.jpg

000_2547.jpg

it dried up pretty fast, followed by 4 hours of dinks and short strikes.

000_2542.jpg

Peanut loves the dinks. They are her favourite fresh snack. She dove in after a few that we had released as well. She loves to go fishing.

As the day wore down the bite picked up again, and we came up with 15 decent specimens

000_2548.jpg

Sadly the day had to end and we left as the sun disappeared behind the trees.

000_2550.jpg

It was a fun day Bruce and Peanut even posed for once for a pic before she got her snack. :thumbsup_anim: Also good to see CPH (Steve) and meet his daughter and see them spend some quality fishin' time together. The action might have been slower with the blue skies and the water like glass off and on but we had some steady catches. :Gonefishing:

Yes it was a beauty fall day...but the blue skies and flat water really made the bite tough. Though Erika and I did better in the boat then you shore bound lads...it was by far my slowest day in there this fall for both size and numbers. We ended up with 22 over 10 inches for a big fish fry for the whole family when we got home.

Good to see you both again and it was fun watching peanut in action as well. That is what I call a "fishing dog"

Good to see you both again and it was fun watching peanut in action as well. That is what I call a "fishing dog"

That little bundle of fur is a show all on her own. Making every fishing trip an adventure. She just finished her perch brekkie and back under the blankets. She's still all tuckered out from yesterday.

Now that the camera recharged :wallbash: The necessary sink pics of our dinner guests.

DSCN3476.jpg

DSCN3475.jpg

I think a pot of chowder is in order this week.

Yes it was a beauty fall day...but the blue skies and flat water really made the bite tough. Though Erika and I did better in the boat then you shore bound lads...it was by far my slowest day in there this fall for both size and numbers. We ended up with 22 over 10 inches for a big fish fry for the whole family when we got home.

Still... a day catchin' 50 fish each and just using plastics with no livebait is a good day. =)

Here's the fishing dog Peanut in action after a bullhead one Spring. That catfish was lucky to get away that time. :blink:

Peanutchase.jpg