No chrome, I go green

Rod Caster

To all you lucky people who get to fish for 'bows this time of year.....tongue.gif

Since we don't have chrome up here and trout are closed, I decided to chase green.... Northern Pike! I caught 4 pike in total; 3 under 3lbs and 1 over 10lbs. I'm guessing the big one was close to 15lbs because she was very chunky with shoulders to spare. I focused on large weedy/rocky flats adjacent to quick drop-offs.... from 5 to 25 FOW. The fish were few and far in between and were not hitting large baits so I went to my "catch-all" lure, a 1/4oz jig with 3" grub. All the fish were caught with the jig.

This was a new lake, so I spent a lot of time searching for spots but it was all worth it... this is my biggest pike of the season.

Calm seas, foggy skies, cold breezes and several rows of teeth. A fantastic morning.

Gotta love the jig for quick and easy releases.

100_0452.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

GIVE ME YOUR SANDWICH!!!

100_0457.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0461.jpg

Sick photos, where abouts do you live? Chrome is just something guys/girls brag about i'd rather wrestle a huge northern in open water than a chrome in 2ft water on a river 10ft wide ahah. Dont get me wrong i do centerpin for steel but i prefer edible fish hense lake ontariowhistling.gif

Thanks. I'm in North Bay.

I spent june-sept in Barrie one year and never quite got my rainbow fix... now I linger on it. laugh.gif

Now yer fishin "Manly" fish RC. Great looking Pike man.

I fished a new section of the river yesterday, and a small perch i was bringing in was followed to boatside by 2 nice pikeclapping.gif Next seasons potential catch,me thinks.whistling.gif

cool.gif You forgot to bring your perch pattern cranks didn't you? hehehe. They'll be that much bigger next year!

Awesome Chad thumbsup_anim.gif Great job clapping.gif Were you able to get a measurement & pic of the big girl with the tournament sign?

No, I didn't because I was alone in the canoe, there is no way I could have safely juggled my rod/the fish/the cam/ the sign etc. haha. Sorry Team.... next time ninja.gif