Sales at CT and PA

scugpg

I bought one while the last sale was going on, I used it as per instructions to charge my Optima. Showed fully charged, but when I used it the next day the battery lasted for an hour max and then it just died. Battery doesn't hold voltage anymore. Battery always worked perfectly, before I used this charger, Optima was basically brand new.

Just wanted to share that with the fellow OFC'rs

I don't consider them a real charger, but I know a bunch of guys here swear by them

for me 10 amps is a charger

if the battery was down 100 amps it would take 10 hours to get it up 100%

......a 5 amp charger would take 20 hour

that 3.3 would at 30 hours to get it up

if I get home at 5pm from fishingand am leaving to go fishing at 5am that only give me 12 hours to get the job done

I bought one while the last sale was going on, I used it as per instructions to charge my Optima. Showed fully charged, but when I used it the next day the battery lasted for an hour max and then it just died. Battery doesn't hold voltage anymore. Battery always worked perfectly, before I used this charger, Optima was basically brand new.

Just wanted to share that with the fellow OFC'rs

You have to be really careful about which charger to buy these days. Many do not recharge deep cycle batteries. I ruined a battery last year because I could not fully charge my deep cycle battery with a battery charger that I bought at C.T. I now have a Schumacher battery charger that I bought at Walmart and it works perfectly. I got it too late to recharge the battery that wouldn't recharge last year. Yes, it does fully charge now but the battery's capacity is greatly reduced.

You have to be really careful about which charger to buy these days. Many do not recharge deep cycle batteries. I ruined a battery last year because I could not fully charge my deep cycle battery with a battery charger that I bought at C.T. I now have a Schumacher battery charger that I bought at Walmart and it works perfectly. I got it too late to recharge the battery that wouldn't recharge last year. Yes, it does fully charge now but the battery's capacity is greatly reduced.

I had the schumaker charger and it cooked my optima. Went to ctek never had an issue since