Ice Fishing transportation?

registerfly

LOL

and that is why it was a thing of beauty...LOL

man I was stuck for a while in that slush

Maybe you should rethink bud.Blowing a path, might be better. Oh wait,they may follow.:ninja:

Reminds me of a good newfie joke.I followed the tracks and ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Never mind.

Edited by Misfish

Quite the party wagon...

You can walk to a few places on Simcoe, especially at first ice. Bear Point, out around the hump between the 6th and 7th of Oro, etc. The walk is a couple of kms. However, the fish don't stay around those places long into the season.

The fish move, so you have to as well to stay catching them consistently.

A sled or ATV are both viable options, but do require an investment on your part. That's part of it.

By far the bigger investment is in TIME -- to research, to spend time at it getting up to speed. Ice fishing has its nuances just like open water fishing. It takes a large investment on your part to changing fish on the screen to fish on the ice.

If you're serious about giving it a try, hook up with someone who has a 2up sled or ATV, an ice fish finder, a power auger, and knows what they're doing...then go quite a few times and give it a real chance.

To go out walking to a place where there isn't fish, without the proper equipment and little knowledge of what you're doing will result more often than not in a poor days fishing...you'll join the crowd and say Simcoe has no fish, and you'll think ice fishing sucks.

However, on the contrary, if you go with someone, a guide perhaps, who keeps you on fish, you'll have a blast and realize how much fun ice fishing can be.

The choice really is yours...

Got the finder and all else needed from last season just the means to get out 3plus clicks out. that truck looks like an overgrown argosthumbsup_anim.gif

This season I'm just looking for some bigger fish. Last year we had days of max fish per person, but not what I would consider eating worthy so back in it they went.

Kinda lookig forward to the new season and see how we'll do.

thanks for all the replies

have you considered one of these? perfect to get the ice fishing crowd out to the island.....

56_12.jpg

it eats bicycles for fuel, and the occasional atv

That's a Swedish military vehicle, I have driven the 4 wheel version of it for a year when I did my military duty. It not the safest or reliable car but it doesn't stop for anything. I know there are a lot of them for sale back home.