smoke house finally

skinny

well way back in the spring I asked questions on building smoke house. My brother and I have it ready to go sort of . this house is gas fired and we tried to use a pot switch that topped out at 180 but we have found the swing to be to great. the house will go up to 240 or so inside before the pot shuts off the burrner then it will almost drop off the thermometer before starting. we have a few other options in the works but here is some pictures

P091011_1519_01-1.jpg

P091011_1519.jpg

P091011_1517_01-1.jpg

P091011_1518.jpg

P091011_1518_01.jpg

IMO, 240 is too high, but you can deal with it over time.

It all comes down to heat units/time.

You will find that the thickness of the fillets, and the species being smoked will dictate

the time. Also the available oxygen to turn the wood to smoke will have a determination as well.

Be aware that opening the door can produce a vapour rich to vapour lean possibility, that at the least can singe the eyebrows. The worst is much more painful.

Be careful, test the process, enjoy the results.

A good smoker can bring a lot of beer to your door!

we have already located a digital control and thermocouple so we should be able to narrow the swing alot.

we also have to swap the door hinge side as a hind site it's hard to hold for pilot to lite due to the swing on door