So CCMT dropped by yesterday for a short visit

Big Cliff

Even though time was somewhat limited we decided to jump in the boat (which I just happened to have ready to go) :whistling: and headed out for an hour of fishing. 10 minutes later ccmt has a fish on; a nice size muskie (stupid muskie we were looking for walleye).

Light tackle, no leader, but fought by a pro and next thing you know the fish was in the net.

I have never seen such a quick release in my life, within seconds ccmt had the hook out and the muskie was back in the water and gone. I didn't even have time to grab the camera never mind take a picture.

Fished for about another 45 minutes, came in for a bit of supper then Cliff had to head for home. Great company, a nice fish what a nice way to spend a bit of time on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to your next visit when we have a bit more time to go after some of those peskie walleye.

Now for how it really went......

We are out in 14ft of water....drifting along with jigs tipped with 3" twister tails. Something's hits my line and I set the hook! This thing is heavy and peels lots of line from my rod. I panic and start to heave on the fish, then realize it's my lighter setup, with 6pm mono and no leader. I say "I think it's a Muskie"' and he says "there are big walleye here too". I said "this figures...I'm out all day on Scugog yesterday fishing Muskie and didn't have even a follow". Sure enough, after it peels line off a few more times, it surfaces and it's a Muskie. Cliff nets it perfectly and it's in the boat. I said " I will show you how to work this camera" as i'm unhooking the fish. It's hooked lightly in the corner of it's mouth. I lift the fish from the net and before I could even get the camera it flops in my hands. I didnt want it to fall in the boat so I made a motion towrads the water. It apparently didn't want to stick around for a pic and it drops into the water never to be seen again! :wallbash:

Didn't matter, we had a nice relaxing time out there chatting away and the hour we had to fish was over very quickly! We had a few more hits, some smaller fish, and headed in. Back to the house and he and Sue work perfectly "throwing together" salmon cooked on a cedar plank on the BBQ, some walleye fried up nicely, rice, salad and shrimp for dinner! The food was amazing!

Thank you Cliff and Sue for the great company....and I look forward to seeing you again soon! :D

LOL, the only time ccmt and I have any problem fishing together is if someone else is along. Think about it; three people in the boat, ccmt, me, and person X. Person X yells "CLIFF, GET THE NET" and both Cliffs dive for the net at the same time.

It is a lot of fun when we are at the house though, Sue will say "Cliff, could you do ?????? and we both go for it LOL.

Paul you are welcome here anytime, and those fridge repairs you helped me with turned out perfectly by the way and saved me a lot of money! Thank you again for that! I am thinking I should start adding Appliance repairs to my list of things, I sure know where to get a good source of parts!

And Beans you old fart, for a guy that promissed not to tell about our time in the cell together, boy I'm glad I didn't tell you where I burried all that money, everyone would know about it by now! :whistling:

Edited by Big Cliff