Need some help

Bar none, for me the best is "Steelhead Float Fishing" by Jim Butler. I got my copy in Gagnon's Sports...but check online as well.

I've never read any steeleheading books, but I have heard him speak and fished the rivers with Mr Butler. If he wrote it, it's worth a read.

Steelhead Dreams, by Matt Supinski.

Although its directed more towards the fly angler, over half the book is dedicated to habits, reading water, timing runs, etc.

Awesome book by far!

This is a great book. Im not a fly guy but this is an amazing book about Great Lakes steelhead. Most definetly worth the purchase.

Steelhead Dreams, by Matt Supinski.

Although its directed more towards the fly angler, over half the book is dedicated to habits, reading water, timing runs, etc.

Awesome book by far!

He is without a doubt the most arrogant prick I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. You couldn't pay me to read his drivel.

Edited by solopaddler

Hahaha....this is true.

I met him at a clave a couple years back. The book on the other hand doesn't reflect any of that...

He preaches at you about "proper" technique. About how there's only one true sporting way to fish for steelhead...swinging a fly. Then him and his guides sit anchored right on top the redds chucking ,ducking and flossing.

Heaven forbid you want to book a room at his hallowed lodge and you want to fish...gasp....a centrepin. :rolleyes:

The Muskegon Mouthpiece.

Best Streams For Great Lakes Steelhead by Bob Linseman. Again more geared to the fly angler it has a lot of good info that is not fly fishing specific. Probably can get some decent books at your local library, I would check there before spending money on books.