Boa lacing system

Parisite

Go them on my Korkers Guide boot. Used for a yr now with now problems. I vowed that I would use BOA in any application that they are available such as my snowboarding boots.(3 plus years now)

I have never encountered issues with them, quick off and easily tightened to however tight you like.

If you are worried like others about snapping, keep an extra set in your car, no different than spare laces. And if you need to cut them for any reason, you can use your nippers to release them.

My son hates damp and cold frozen laces... and tells me his boots are too tightclapping.gif

Mike runs standard laces on his Simms boots if I'm not mistaken (I rarely watch him suit up, lol!!!)

I run standard laces on my Simms G4 Guideboots and no complaints.

Although I dunno how the BOA system would handle all the rocks/mud/sand/crap it would encounter.

Thanks guys.

BillM - the G4's are a little out of my price range. Didn't try them on today. Tried a couple of Simms boots on and didn't find them as comfortable as the Korker Chrome with the BOA laces.

I've always used boot foot, one piece waders and I want to make the switch to separate boots and waders. At $240 for the Korkers boots alone, I am hoping to get a few more opinions.

Apparently they are available for Snowboard and ski boots as well as rock climbing shoes and skates.

Anyone else have experience with the BOA laces?

I've got them on my k2 snowboard boots and think their awesome!

Same here, had 2 prs of K2's with the BOA, will never use a lace up for boarding, never can get them dialed in right especially with cold hands.

Parisite, agreed the Chromes are super comfy, me thinks Korkers has a slightly roomier footbed or toebox, whichever most of their models are comfy with 2 prs of extra socks.

BTW if you know your size, try finding them online, might be worth it if shipping doesn't kill you, and the slightly lower CDN buck doesn't slip further. I recently came across some for $150 for the fixed soles.

Thanks for the input guys.

Just pulled the trigger on the Korker Chromes with the BOA system. They were the most comfortable boots I tried on. I ended up going 2 sizes up because when I tried the boots on with my waders and some thick socks, 1 size up was too small.

I can't wait to get them wet!