Esnagami

SirCranksalot

I fished Esnagami this summer. The fishing was excellent for sure. It is likely a bit better then the other lakes that I fished in the area. We went in August and caught hundreds of Walleye. Some nice sized fish as well up for about 28 inches or so.

The fishing was not always on fire mind you we had to work for the Walleye (it was very hot that week).

We fished on the east side of the lake the majority of the time. Saw maybe 3 boats the entire week.

You do not need to fly into the lake. There is a portage after you travel through Stinger Lake. There is a cabin on Stinger Lake run by O'Sullivan Outfitters. It is very rustic and I figured only gets used a few times a season. But for $600 bucks a week, with all the gas you can burn it is a pretty good deal. Wouldn't want to have more then 4 guys in it mind you.

If camping was an option another outfitter has boats on Stinger and on Esnagami - Pennocks in Nakina.

Thx very much for that detailed info, Curryale. I will follow up those leads. I'm a bit puzzled about something in your post----if the cabin you rented was on Stinger, sperated from Es. by a portage, how did you manage to fish Es? Did the cabin owners have a boat stashed at the end of the port into Es?

Anyone ever fish Esnagami Lake near Nakima and stay at the lodge? I hear the fishing is fantastic. (Oughta be I Guess if you travel that far and spend all that money!?)cool.gif

I've haven't fishesd Esnagami Lake but have fished the area mostly the Ogoki River and can say without a hesitation the area has good fishing . A bit of a drive but well worth it

Theo

For those that have been there who has the better boats/motors cached on Esnagami, Howard or Pennock's?

They are basically identical all five are in good condition. 14 foot Naden boats with 9.9 Mercury motors. Neither of the outfitters have any swivel seats in the boats.

For those that have been there who has the better boats/motors cached on Esnagami, Howard or Pennock's?

They are basically identical all five are in good condition. 14 foot Naden boats with 9.9 Mercury motors. Neither of the outfitters have any swivel seats in the boats.