get the lead?

Heybud_e

yep, used to melt down quite a bit of lead, you can tell that there is impurities in it, .... but thanks guys, i will open the phone book tomorrow after work....

i figure its something i can do to kill time..from time to time.. might even paint em :D

A small amount of powder paint will last a long time. Living in the north my supply is limited.The last time I bought some was 2 years ago at the fishing show. Perhaps some other folks on the board have seen it in their local fishing supply stores. Several different colours are available. Personally I like to start with a base coat of white or lumesent white and add the colour coat after.

A small amount of powder paint will last a long time. Living in the north my supply is limited.The last time I bought some was 2 years ago at the fishing show. Perhaps some other folks on the board have seen it in their local fishing supply stores. Several different colours are available. Personally I like to start with a base coat of white or lumesent white and add the colour coat after.

Picture_035.JPG

Nipissing - Ramakko's in Sudbury sells the paint you use if you're ever in the city. They might charge a little more than down south? but seemed to have a good selection last time I was there.

HeyBud - for paint I would check any tackle shops that sell lure making stuff (wire, spinner blades, etc.).

Edited by Northhunter

Best way to get it is to visit the scrap yards and go for a walkabout with a pair of pliers in tow. There are still many in the niagara area that let you walk around to look for your own parts. Millers is one, frontier is another and I'm sure there are more. I'ts not to hard to find a couple of pounds in a walk that fit nicely into the pocket.

All the lead you could ever want..... http://www.marsmetal.com/newpages/specasthome.html

We have used them for their Lead Sheets as a maluable flashing on high end custom homes that use quarried stone vs. brick..

I am sure they have a ton of scrap laying around you may be able to get your hands on. 99.94% pure lead?? will that do the trick? ;)

Hope this helps!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt