Beware, Boat Scam

ah_long

Buyers beware

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Alumacraft%20Boat%20Co/Classic%20165%20CS/EAST%20YORK/Ontario/19_4483700_/?ms=boats

From Angela Tomson <[email protected]> The boat is in perfect working condition, the interior and exterior look great, no mechanical problems.The title is clean and clear. The price includes delivery. I am letting it go because I've moved to Spain and importing it here would cost too much. The boat is currently in the Whitehorse YT in custody of a shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I will only sell it through eBay Motors because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure.If you are interested contact me back and I will give you more photos and specs about it .Thank you

Wow 66 feet in length !!!! ... And I gotta admit I cant believe how 'suburban' Yellowknife .. er Whitehorse.. is looking these days :) ... having said that ... looks like a decent boat for the price (if it were cash n carry)

Edited by camillj

Yep,

Seen a very similar ad on Craigslist back in July. Can't these people be prosecuted? Fraud is still a crime is it not?

Yes but no one is going to find these people, go to another country, and try them for fraud... If it was a guy down the street it would be easy, but all you can really do beyond that is make a report and hope for the best, even though you know nothing will come from it...

The only way to protect your self in most cases is to educate your self on internet fraud and never fall for it, although some of those buggers come up with some pretty elaborate scams.

The title of the thread could be "Awesome! Boat scam! Pile on!"

I just emailed them asking for details from an account I have for these purposes.

Kill them with volume. Make them work and turn the scamming business into an even lower paying job. If they got a 1000 responses to this ad they would give up on it.

I do feel a bit sorry for the people running the scam, they must be desperate. But I feel very sorry for the people that get scammed so sticking it to the scammers is good choice.

well, they really up their game this time

I got tons of pictures..

and guess what, the seller won't budge on the price, saying it's firm and it includes shipping..

like, this is a good deal, but it's not those $5000 for a $10k boat... kudos to them for learning and adaptation