blood sweat portaging and brookies

walleye_man

hey guys sorry this reports a little over due but here it is now haha

this weekend mickey and i headed out to my camp but for the first time ever we didnt have walleye gold on our minds....

we were thinking brookies :) a fish that i have personally fallen in love with since my trip to nava scotia

so we started off spending 2 hours driving around trails looking for access points to bassicly any lake that we could put our boat into without any luck we moved to another part of the area about 15 minutes away loaded with more lakes so were driving and i see a trail that i think i can get my truck through to get to a lake i knew that was down there,

so off we go ofcourse my two wheel drive chev had no problem climbing the hills jumping over the rocks and going through big holes

but when we came to the end of the trail we saw something we wernt exactly expecting....

a house.... ARE YOU SERIOUS

we just drove through the craziest trail with high hopes to pop out at someones cottage...

well i geuse that turned out to be a good thing since the guy knew exactly where the lake was we were heading for... thanks again if your out there haha

so we drive one minute down the road and see this little atv trail going into the bush... this must be it

without eaven thinking we unload the boat and start are crazy portage atleast 1 km through the bush to be treated with the most beautiful sight in the world... a lake

so back to the truck we go to get the trolling motor, battery, rods ect.

that was a crazy hike i swear my arms were going to fall off from that battery...

so we fish the lake for the couple hours we have of light and geuse what not a single bite.....

we saw fish jumping and swirling on the bait fish we ssaw them on the fish finder but not a single bite

all that work for nothing... we head back to camp empty handed but leave the boat there for day number two.... revenge :lol:

again we get to the lake fish for a couple hours see a ton of fish jumping... not a fallow nothing

so i heard there was another lake that we can portage to from the one we were on so why not we arnt catching fish here lets go

so we portage away and start fishing... after about 5 minutes my floaat flys down i set the hook nothing... danm

reeling in i see this huge flash and the biggest brookie i have ever seen in my life missed my worm...

ok thiss lake has some active fish in it lets do this

about a hour in with nothing to show mickey hooks this skinny little fellow on a spinner

DSCF1499.jpg

awesome the skunk is off our targeted fish is deffinitly in here

so were going drifting the shore line and i throow my float into a patch of weeds

all of a sudden my float flys down again

this time i hook up and i get him close to the boat here we go this is my biggest brookie...

he takes one more run... hits the trolling motor prop.... and shes gonzo deffinitly a 16 inch plus fish

so we float around more no hits nothing and we get this hunch lets try some jigging in the deeper water

a couple more minutes go by and this chunk of a speck goes into the net

mickeys biggest speck proberolly 14 inches

DSCF1501.jpg

minutes later i finally break my skunk and land this 13 incher

DSCF1502.jpg

jigs for the next few hours with nothing to show and headed back to poratge our way into the main lake

ill be back up this weekend trying to get the ones i had break off

hope u enjoyed my long winded report guys