CO Position posted

Michael_Brown

12 month contract for all those qualifications? They'll end up hiring the CO who just finished the last 12 month contract if he/she isn't sick of being a casual/temp gov. worker already. The Government has turned into the worst employer and it's getting worse.

Edited for content

Edited by Rod Caster

12 month contract for all those qualifications? They'll end up hiring the CO who just finished the last 12 month contract if he/she isn't sick of being a casual/temp gov. worker already. The Government has turned into the worst employer and it's getting worse.

Edited for content

Those qualifications requirements are straight forward for the many that natually fit the job (hunter+angler+people skills+some brains). Your average city dweller that has never hunted AND fished will easily get beat out from the many who have (unless their people skills are very very good).

The only tricky thing in there that I can see is being familiar with the Acts. Picking up a document and reading it never hurt anyone.

Do COs like their jobs? I am pretty sure most do.

Those qualifications requirements are straight forward for the many that natually fit the job (hunter+angler+people skills+some brains). Your average city dweller that has never hunted AND fished will easily get beat out from the many who have (unless their people skills are very very good).

The only tricky thing in there that I can see is being familiar with the Acts. Picking up a document and reading it never hurt anyone.

Do COs like their jobs? I am pretty sure most do.

Not many people willing to move to Wawa for a 12 month contract.... chances are this is just a public posting to fulfill Union requirments and the person who gets this job will be the person who had the previous 12 month contract.

Not many people willing to move to Wawa for a 12 month contract.... chances are this is just a public posting to fulfill Union requirments and the person who gets this job will be the person who had the previous 12 month contract.

Bang on.

Similair to a municipality posting one Firefighter job even though they already have 20 part-timers.

There are ways to get around the Union requirement for posting. I think they may actually be needing someone new or someone that has not had the spot before.

Edited by whitbyboatguy

They can restrict any posting they want to internal applicants only, union has no say. When they post public, they are really looking for the best candidate due to existing staff not meeting their needs. Sometimes they don't find that successfull candidate externally and hire internal, but sometimes they do hire external as well.