Needed, a good Bass cooking recipe

Skipper D

Going to try some of my Bass for the first time tomorrow , instead of going thru the books or the net for a recipe i thought i would ask on here , i am sure some one will have something better to try and Beverly and i are all ears and are looking forward to giving it a try.................

Brush fillets with kraft chicken and rib BBQ sause(i use Cattle Boyz)

place on tinfoil(shiny side in)

sprinkle with Parmesian cheese,place a Scallion on each fillet

Close tinfoil loosely around fillets

Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes

serve on a bed of rice.Pour the excess juice over the rice too.

Mix Brocolli, tomatoes and an oil based salad dressing (like sun dried tomato) in a frying pan and heat on medium until the brocolli is half soft.

In a second frying pan melt two or three tbsp's of butter and dip the filets (both sides) in the hot butter. Right away, sprinkle some cajun or lemon pepper (or other) spice on both sides of the filets. Let the filets cook, flip them only once after spicing them.

Make rice.

Place the filets on the rice, then smother with the tomato/broccoli sauce.

10 minute healthy gourmet

Use whatever spices or BBQ sauces you prefer....but put on a cedar plank...place in over at 300 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes...remove from oven and throw away that stinken bass and eat the board...then go catch some tasty fish, like perch, walleye or crappie... :D

Seriously, Mercman's recipe sounds good to go...but so does Rods..

Sorry every one for not being here to anwser your post last night , after the long day yesterday out on the water sleep got me early and knocked me down til just now . Thank you Billy Bob for helping to cut our choices down to two , but waste not want not ...lol , i just have to give'm a try . Hey! MercMan & Rod Caster thinking we three are from the same cloth if you know what i mean , if not in , then from along its border , i know the cuisine is always the best from over that way . I'll show them both to Beverly and let her decide . Thank you Guys

Hey! MercMan & Rod Caster thinking we three are from the same cloth if you know what i mean , if not in , then from along its border , i know the cuisine is always the best from over that way .

I think you may be right Skipperclapping.gif I'm 1hour from Cornwall, and spent the day there fishing Carp and Walleye with Mike. Awesome little townclapping.gif

I cook my bass the same way I cook my pike, which is the same way I cook my walleye - heat a bit of oil in a frying pan, put the fillets in, flip once and immediately season with fresh ground pepper and seasoning salt. Simple, but I love it.

I have some garlic & butter fish crisp my brother gave me, and I use that sometimes, too. It's good, but I prefer my other way. I might give a couple other ideas here a try sometime, just for variety.

I think you may be right Skipperclapping.gif I'm 1hour from Cornwall, and spent the day there fishing Carp and Walleye with Mike. Awesome little townclapping.gif

Now maybe i left there to soon ...lol... , 1972 when i came this way , now its just back there for visits , still all the family is there but yes you will never get anything to eat that taste bad from there right back to Quebec city , are you a Riverside P**** guy Mike ?

I cook my bass the same way I cook my pike, which is the same way I cook my walleye - heat a bit of oil in a frying pan, put the fillets in, flip once and immediately season with fresh ground pepper and seasoning salt. Simple, but I love it.

I have some garlic & butter fish crisp my brother gave me, and I use that sometimes, too. It's good, but I prefer my other way. I might give a couple other ideas here a try sometime, just for variety.

Simple is some times best thats for shure , we had perch the other night and ran out of the beer batter for the last dozen fillets and done them with abit of oil , they were thte ones i enjoyed the best ...... just like the perch rolls we get when down home . P.S with every that went on here today the bass is still in the fridge , maybe tomorrow night .