funny (nf)

wolfville

Just got a phone call on my cell, it's from 1-609-xxx-xxx on my call display (afterward I looked it up it's from New Jersey). Wondering who that might be I answered the phone.

me: hello.

lady: hmm....hello (probably not recognizing my voice and a bit unsure if she dialed the correct #)

me: hello...

lady: hmm......

me: Hi, you probably dialed the wrong number?

lady: Have I reached Canada?

me: yeah, but you might have dialed the wrong number.

lady: but I reached Canada?

me: yeah....*#)*(#&)*)$)

Like there are only two phone #'s in Canada. Gosh.... Either I am not in a good mood working in my office 6pm on Sunday, or I am just a mean guy.

Edited by wolfville

Wolf, you missed a perfect opportunity to mess with her mind.

You can have the time of your life playing with wrong number callers or telemarketers. I know I do...I'm a b@st@rd when it comes to telemarketers...If they have the nerve to call me while I'm cooking/eating or during my favourite TV show, they should at least be prepared for the wrath coming to them :stretcher: To this day, Master Card and the Toronto Sun still don't call my house :thumbsup_anim: .

You should have asked her "what are you wearing?" or asked for her phone number so you could "hook up" later. You often get some interesting responses.

;):D The 609 area code is in south New Jersey I live in the 973 area code (north Jersey),and we know there is at least 4 phone #s in : Canada Canadian Tire , Timmy's, the Beer store and CCMt's . Well thanks now I know there 5 #s. When did they get cell phones up there.? What do you want from us Americans, Canada doesn't even show up on our weather maps. Edited by ALEX

;):D The 609 area code is in south New Jersey I live in the 973 area code (north Jersey),and we know there is at least 4 phone #s in : Canada Canadian Tire , Timmy's, the Beer store and CCMt's . Well thanks now I know there 5 #s. When did they get cell phones up there.? What do you want from us Americans, Canada doesn't even show up on our weather maps.

Hell, we set out elders out on Polar Iceburgs whan they get too old.

my old hunting partner from Chicago used to tell the guys at Inland Steel that Canadians don't bury the dead they just wait until rigor sets in then take an axe to the legs, make a point and drive them down like fence posts into the tundra

In the interval (dead air) between my "hello" and their answer I hit the # key several times then hang up)...Andy Rooney of "60 Minutes" fame sez this confuses their computer automated calling machine and it deletes your number from their files...I guess it works as we don't get very many call any more...If I wasn't quick enough, I ask them to hang on for a minute as I have to tend to the baby...A few minutes later they usually hang up...LOL

He also suggests mailing any junk mail without your name and addy on it back in those prepaid envelopes...they still have to pay to receive them...

I kinda reuse junk mail as fire starter for the wood stove instead...

Edited by Beans