Are we nuts or is it just me ?

Skipper D

After selling my classic car this spring and thinking what to replace it with , i don't know why but boat poped up in my head . Was i nuts ?????? ....... me the guy who always said boatting and fishing were stupid and i'd never have any part of it . What ta hec... lets try it out and see what happens . Don't get me wrong as this story go's on , there was enoughf money there to go right out and buy a new one but lets take it easy , boats are hard to get rid of and are selling cheap right now , so taking avantage of that fact and maybe i would get alot of boat for the money and still have some left over from the car sale . To make this story short since July i've bought three boats ............ the first a real nice 14 foot aluminum fishing boat 25 hp with trailer , live well , fishfinder ect, then i learn this boat dose'nt like big water when i try to make it go there and after brother Roger showed up at my place from the Ottawa valley with his new 16 foot Mirocraft 40 hp with all the bells ya realy dont need ....and not being able to keep up with him on the water i thought it best to get the big water boat right away . The second boat a week later ... 20 foot cabin cruzzer by Bayliner with a 90 hp out board , no inboards for me no way , now thats a boat , the best of two worlds , boatting and fishing and a good boat for big water , nice for cruzin , not all cramped up like in the 14 foot , now the wife who said boatting was'nt for her is boatting ..lol..lol..lol..lol. I love this boat but only if it would go faster like the other boats on the bay and what if that brother of mine deals his boat now for the 18' 70 hp , so i trade even the first boat for a motor at the marina that they were asking 1500 more then i paid for the boat , now the Bayliner has a 115 hp Yamy that works good enough for me , but guess what ? fishing can be a dirty job , can't get the Bayliner dirty its my cruzzing boat and to much work every time after fishing to clean up before going boating . So now boat number three or should i say number two , any way its a 18' Tempest with a 140 inboard , after having the 14' i think all fishing boats should be big , bigger the better . The Tempest was a nice boat but i gutted it the other night , thats right and before brother La La gets here in October for our fishing holiday i hope to have this boat all custom set up in side for all my fishing needs , any one have any ideas on how to make this old boat the altimate fishing boat ................. i have a few of my own but i am all ears ........................ Am i nuts ?????????/

20 foot cabin cruzzer by Bayliner with a 90 hp out board , no inboards for me no way ,.........So now boat number three or should i say number two , any way its a 18' Tempest with a 140 inboard , after having the 14' i think all fishing boats should be big , bigger the better . ........................ Am i nuts ?????????/

I am not sure if you are nuts or not....but you have me confused??????

Bigger is almost always better. Especially if you will be on big water. Little boats for back lakes are great too. I have a 17' Aluminum with 90hp outboard, and a 9' punt boat with a 4hp.

I am not sure if you are nuts or not....but you have me confused??????

Bigger is almost always better. Especially if you will be on big water. Little boats for back lakes are great too. I have a 17' Aluminum with 90hp outboard, and a 9' punt boat with a 4hp.

Sorry if i confused you , glad to see i m not the only one who gets like that ...lol, but its nice to know after reading your post thay i am on the right trac with owning more them one boat .

I dont think i'll ever get to the back rivers and lakes , i am not much of a traveler ......... yet .

The one thing I regret about my boat is not going for more thrust on the trolling motor. I think its more important than the HP on the outboard.

Iam not that far advanced as a fisherman to have a trolling motor ............. lol . Need to learn to fish for other then perch but thanks , i'll keep that in mind for when it happens ...........

Edited by Skipper " D "

Iam not that far advanced as a fisherman to have a trolling motor ............. lol . Need to learn to fish for other then perch but thanks , i'll keep that in mind for when it happens ...........

Actually, your not as crazy as you think. Last summer, i bought a new 14' Princecraft and 8hp Merc off my brother. He won it at the Ottawa boat show, so i got an excellent deal on it.I traded it this spring for a 16' Princecraft Starfish SC with a 40HP Merc.Actually got more than i paid for the Fisherman, as a trade inclapping.gif

Its small compared to some peoples boats, but i thought long and hard about the type of fishing i expected to do, and where i expected to fish, and this setup fit my needs perfectly.Its fast enough to get me many miles to where i want to fish, and lite enough that i can tow it easily with my Ranger.I added 2 swivel pedestal seats, 1 in the front, 1 in the back, and a Minn kota Edge bow mount.

Its a nice comfortable boat for 2 to fish out of, and i even fished 3 out of it this summer, with no problem.

Actually, your not as crazy as you think. Last summer, i bought a new 14' Princecraft and 8hp Merc off my brother. He won it at the Ottawa boat show, so i got an excellent deal on it.I traded it this spring for a 16' Princecraft Starfish SC with a 40HP Merc.Actually got more than i paid for the Fisherman, as a trade inclapping.gif

Its small compared to some peoples boats, but i thought long and hard about the type of fishing i expected to do, and where i expected to fish, and this setup fit my needs perfectly.Its fast enough to get me many miles to where i want to fish, and lite enough that i can tow it easily with my Ranger.I added 2 swivel pedestal seats, 1 in the front, 1 in the back, and a Minn kota Edge bow mount.

Its a nice comfortable boat for 2 to fish out of, and i even fished 3 out of it this summer, with no problem.

Thanks for the come back MercMan , well all this is still new to me like i said earlyer , but like every thing i do sooner or later i get it right . All we have around us here is mostly big water so for me its got to be the big boat . Lake Simcoe is very handy for me , just minutes from my house and its great perchfishing . My brother "baby la la" has a 16' MirroCraft so when i head to the Quebec boarder to fish i leave my boat at home and go with him in his on the St Lawrence and he dose the same when he comes up to my end , what i find is guys who are custom to fishing in the smaller boats "and thats not meaning you" are afraid of the big water and its hard to get them in my boat when they are here to show them the differance , i get a kick out of the look on thier face when they see a Meter and a half coming at them . Hows the fishing been over your way this summer ...............

Edited by Skipper " D "

its been a good summer.far too short though.ohmy.gif

It sure did fly by , you guys over dar have alot of good spots to fish , i vacation a couple of times a year if we can each year in Qc , seen many place's i'd like to try , one time i'll have to leave the camper at home and take the boat , well i better get to work , have a good one MercMan .............Ron Depatie